me too ;)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porthios

Reaction score
picked up my new '07a yesterday. wanted to thank you all for the great advice i found here. helped make my decision a lot more comfortable..

spent a couple hours last night trying to grind through the break in miles. only another 915mi. to go ;) ugh..

now to re-read all the faqs, etc. and scope out some new 'farkles'..

thanks all..

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up my new '07a yesterday. wanted to thank you all for the great advice i found here. helped make my decision a lot more comfortable..
spent a couple hours last night trying to grind through the break in miles. only another 915mi. to go ;) ugh..

now to re-read all the faqs, etc. and scope out some new 'farkles'..

thanks all..
Welcome aboard.

yeah, everyone seems to really dig on the skyway sliders. i'll order up a pair of those asap.

had no idea the after market for this bike was so deep. just when i thought my cc had recovered from the harley ;)

want to get a clear tank bra too. still searching the forum for the best source for that.

ordered up some grip puppies so we'll see how those work out. trying to avoid ordering stuff before i figure out that i need it, but with this forum that may be difficult. grips are so small though. didn't take long for the hands to start screaming. have to remind myself to use my legs to keep the weight off my arms as it's been a while since i rode a sportbike..

wife's going out of town for a couple weeks so i'm sure i'll be able to bang through those break in miles pretty quickly..

skyway delrin sliders ordered.

oh yeah. got an interesting piece of mail from yamaha yesterday. it was a big red/gold certificate that said..

'Congrats! Your FJR1300A is the fastest ever made!!'

who'd a thunk?

:p

+ 1 on spending the extra to get the complete 3M kit. It doesn't scuff and mark as bad as the static cling stuff they sell. I live near the guy here in So Cal and picked it up from his house. Got him to throw in some extra 3M stuff and I have cut my own shapes for replacement of the static stuff.

John

tankslapper ordered in 3m. not sure if i want all the rest of the pieces so i'll see what this looks like.

thanks again for the help.

just got done w/the tankslapper install. thought it was kind of a bitch actually..

had to go to wallmart to get some velcro for the scraper as they kept suggesting. seems kind of cheap not to include a piece in the install kit imo. they also sent a rediculously small amount of johnson & johnson's baby shampoo in a packet to make the install solution. i literally, could only get 5 drops out of the package. seriously, charge a couple more bucks and throw in another 5 or 6 drops of the shampoo and a 3" strip of velcro..

anyway, watched the vid and reread the install instructions..

center of the three pieces was easy but the two sides were a bit tougher. it was really hot in the garage and i think that might have contributed to the difficulty. did my best to keep the film wet as i applied it. scraped and scraped but couldn't get all the bubbles out. they seem to be 'water' bubbles (as opposed to air bubbles) which should evaporate out in a few days according to the vid. i hope so..

Porthios : For you clear tank protection, you should have checked out premier cycle accessories they make a cuctom fit one for your fjr . The also have a bunch of other stuff check them out ..

you probally are looking like this :D cocgrats. weekend rider

thanks, yeah i did check them out. the tankslapper's cut specifically for the fjr as well. if i decide to go for a visible guard, i'll probly order the next set from them.

really wishing it wasn't 4th of july weekend. finally have time to go for a nice mountain ride but the mountains are the LAST place i want to be near the 4th ;)

Finally have time to go for a nice mountain ride but the mountains are the LAST place i want to be near the 4th ;)
First of all, congrats. I still have 600 to go on mine.

About your quote above, make sure to check the 'surging at altitude' thread over the technical/problem section, as you'll most likely experience that on your mountain trip (it can be from very mild to very annoying). It's not the end of the world, but it'd be nice to do some adjustments first (throttle cable play, spring relax, BM +5 mod, etc), plus know what to do to minimize its effects. Yamaha is working on a solution, so it shouldn't be too long... hopefully. And the effects could be minimal; hope you're one of those. Fantastic machine, even with that affliction. Take care.

JC

Last edited by a moderator:
tankslapper ordered in 3m. not sure if i want all the rest of the pieces so i'll see what this looks like.
thanks again for the help.
cover the tops of the hard bags, way too easy to get boot scuffs !!!! I dont always step thru instead of over, wish I would have