Meissner exhaust tips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzard55

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has experience with these. They are a new tip with a larger diameter tube. The kit includes a 38mm hole saw to remove the existing end of the stock pipe. You can see the kit at www.bikejohhny.com, it would be about $225 shipped from Britain. My FJR runs so well that I hate to mess with it, but the lack of sound has my attention.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with these. They are a new tip with a larger diameter tube. The kit includes a 38mm hole saw to remove the existing end of the stock pipe. You can see the kit at www.bikejohhny.com, it would be about $225 shipped from Britain. My FJR runs so well that I hate to mess with it, but the lack of sound has my attention.
Too much $ and effort for little or no effect.

Well, my question in the first place tells that I had reservations about spending over $200 to improve the sound. It is a dilema, this FJR is without question the best running, most fun motorcycle I have ever owned. It also is the only one that I can hear the tire noise and cam chain whir over the exhaust. Good chance I'll leave it stock, but I do fantasize about a great exhaust note! Maybe I just need to keep an eye on eBay for a good deal on some slip ons.