met some hard core IBA riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feejer/Weejer man

Reaction score
I went to Hollister rally on Sunday. rode the FJR into a strict cruiser/Harley crown, no big deal. went by the Yamaha Trucks to maybe catch a demo ride of the 07 FJR or the AE. Met A Mr. Williams, I believe a 4 time finisher of the Iron Butt and a Mr Whithers, not sure of the spelling , also a four time finisher and winner of other LD rallies. They were too cool. Talked too much to test ride but no matter. Talking about bikes and we got on other bikes and Mr Williams said if he had one bike in the garage it would be a Wee Strom, which he has. Seeing I also have one we talked about its capabilities and how much fun it was to ride. He will be in Park City for Yamaha and might ride the Wee from his home in Illinois.

I was very honored to talked to the two gentlemen and in awe of their merits in the LD world.

Yes, Rick Williams, Pete Whithers and Kerry Willey are demo riders for Yamaha. All three have rode 4 IBR`s. Rick and Kerry are also Illinois MSF Rider coach`s. Kerry has an `05 FJR and Rick has a Wing and a Weestrom, not sure about Pete.

Rick and Kerry will be in Park City.