Metric Head

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Cleland

Reaction score
I periodically get emails from the Dennis Kirk and the one I got today made me laugh out loud.

HUGE METRIC HELMET SALE AT DENNIS KIRK!!!

Evidently they know I have a Metric head. hahaha

Joey

Dang! I've been waiting for their US Standard helmet sale. Never did get the hang of them minimeter thingies.
p
What really causes problems is when you try to take off a metric helmet with standard hands. Gotta be careful not to strip it...

:p

Joey

If you ride an old, Meriden-made Triumph you'd need a Whitworth helmet.

(if you don't know about Whitworth, you're too young. Ask an old guy.)

pete

pete
I'm not that old but now I know what a whitworth wrench is! Thanks internet, learn something new every day...

Joey

pete
I must be old. I have whitworth wrenches and sockets in complete sets and I have bins full of whitworth and British standard fine fasteners. :)

pete
I must be old. I have whitworth wrenches and sockets in complete sets and I have bins full of whitworth and British standard fine fasteners. :)
I must be even older than you FJRay! As you know, I just recently moved (April) to my new house on Exeter here in Chandler to our new one on Amber Street. Sure enough, I found all of my old Whitworth spanners and sockets, one full set and a partial; plus, what appears to be a spare magneto for my 1964 Norton Atlas 750! Bike was sold when I enlisted in the Army October of 1968!

pete
I must be even older than you FJRay! As you know, I just recently moved (April) to my new house on Exeter here in Chandler to our new one on Amber Street. Sure enough, I found all of my old Whitworth spanners and sockets, one full set and a partial; plus, what appears to be a spare magneto for my 1964 Norton Atlas 750! Bike was sold when I enlisted in the Army October of 1968!
Damn you guys are old! HA! :lol:

pete
Damn you guys are old! HA! :lol:
Brother Joe, I am not as old as dirt, but I do know the guy that is: That would be Niehart!!!

Reminds me of that episode of "the Cosby Show" things that are older than dad. Include on the list were dirt, fire, and the wheel...ROFLMAO

pete
I'll see your magneto and raise you an ignition advance assy. for a t100 Triumph 500. New in box. I keep thinking some day I will need it. :yahoo:

pete
I'll see your magneto and raise you an ignition advance assy. for a t100 Triumph 500. New in box. I keep thinking some day I will need it. :yahoo:
Ray, I can see your ignition advance and raise YOU one of these, sitting on my coffee table as a conversation piece:

Weber 45DCOE two-barrel sidedraft. This was the SHIZZLE 40+ years ago.

weber-45-dcoe-carburetor7.jpg

And the funny thing is, brand new today, it's about $200 CHEAPER than it was in 1969 when I bought two of 'em from Bayless Racing in Georgia.

Paid like $900 for two of 'em for my 69 Fiat Spider, and lo and behold, there were THREE of 'em in the box when it arrived. Bayless said "keep it...thanks for your business."

I've hung on to that sucker all these years.

I've pulled it outta the trash 3 times and re-polished the brass before putting it back in its place of honor.

Weber carbs and Fiat in the same sentence. That is truly twisted. Those old Webers were kind of a bitch to get all the stages of jetting set but once they were right they were wonderfull.

I'll raise ya with my one owner unrestored 48 Ford coupe. My dad bought it new.

pete
Ray, I can see your ignition advance and raise YOU one of these, sitting on my coffee table as a conversation piece:

Weber 45DCOE two-barrel sidedraft. This was the SHIZZLE 40+ years ago.

weber-45-dcoe-carburetor7.jpg

And the funny thing is, brand new today, it's about $200 CHEAPER than it was in 1969 when I bought two of 'em from Bayless Racing in Georgia.

Paid like $900 for two of 'em for my 69 Fiat Spider, and lo and behold, there were THREE of 'em in the box when it arrived. Bayless said "keep it...thanks for your business."

I've hung on to that sucker all these years.

I've pulled it outta the trash 3 times and re-polished the brass before putting it back in its place of honor.
Wowser guys, what a trip down Memory Lane. I owned a 1966 Volvo P1800S two seater sports car for 20 years. I also replaced the stock SU carbs's it came with with these Weber two barrel sidedrafts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Off Topic also.

I have a 1975 MGB(RUBBER NOSE) rag top. 1800cc inline four. The bike I drive when I don't ride my bike.

Regards

Surly

Off Topic also.
I have a 1975 MGB(RUBBER NOSE) rag top. 1800cc inline four. The bike I drive when I don't ride my bike.

Regards

Surly
MGB_harvest_gold.JPG

It's a Small World isn't it Surly, this was my 1st wife Judy's car! She still has it in Morro Bay, CA.

Hi Beemerdons,

I will have to get my head around posting pics and show of both my rides. It is my understanding that the Rubber Nose was introduced to comply with the needs USA markets.

Your ex-wife's car looks a good example of a chrome bar model.

Regards

Surly

Those old Webers were kind of a bitch to get all the stages of jetting set but once they were right they were wonderfull.
Yep, after about 2000 hours of "adjusting", I'd put 'em up against any fuel delivery system on the planet.

I'll raise ya with my one owner unrestored 48 Ford coupe. My dad bought it new.
I fold. :p