Michael Schumacher returns to F1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be awesome. I have been following F1 a lot closer since my disillusionment with NASCAR of late (though I still do follow NASCAR)

disillusionment with NASCAR of late
Not to be rude about NASCAR disillusionment, but good God it's about time!!!!!!!

But seriously, I wonder how Schuie would do in such a completely different car, with no testing chances to acclimate before Friday practice at the event? Sure, he's not been sitting on his ass getting fat, but he hasn't been racing, either, and these beasts are different from what he drove! Nevertheless, it would create quite a draw at the gate, don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
2 words:

Brett Favre.

Stay retired, dude.

F1's as much of a joke as NASCAR, if you ask me. (Bernie = Tony George. Idiot. Rich idiot, but an idiot.)

Just another parade of brightly-colored 'cars.'

And, yes, I watch both, dang it.

Too bad. I think he's the biggest crybaby of all the crybabies. I can't believe he's in the same league as Stewart, Clark, or Fangio.

Aw Shucks! (or something to that effect) said Mark Webber and Jenson Button (finally seeing podiums).

Should be interesting to see how Schumacher compares to Lewis Hamilton, now that the McLaren's are back on song!

The next event is in three weeks; that should be enough time to remove some of the 'rust' (at least to make it interesting I hope).

p.s. And best wishes for a speedy recovery for Filipe.

It would be nice to see Michael race again , if even for a short time. Despite his personality he is an extremely gifted driver. I don't think he will be viable for a podium , but he would draw in more fans to be sure.

+1 on Massa's recovery .

I am sure he can still give some of those new guys a run for their money. Not sure if he'll achieve a podium finish, but Ferrari (Kimi) looked pretty strong in Hungary.

Should be an interesting next race and I am glad it's not being broadcast on FOX. They suck major a$$.

^^^^ That's kinda weird, since it's the same people doing it, from the same feed, as SPEED. The only thing that FOX does differently is delete the pre-race show and most of the after-event festivities. And their before-the-show announcer can't be half as hairy as he tries to sound. And they aren't live. Other than that there's nothing wrong with how they do it. :rolleyes:

For some reason if a cable-only network gets the broadcast rights, they have to allow an over-the-air network to get 4 races midseason, in the middle of the day, to "reach a wider audience." So the ones that really want to see it get comprpmised for the 3 people that might have wondered how to get on board.