Michelin Pilot Road vs. Avod Storm-ST vs. Pilot Road2's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the original B020's and they didn't wear well (6-8k) miles. Switched over to the Avon Azaros and they wore a lot better (10-11K)and were better handling. however the front had a left side wear problem and more unnerving this oscilation on decel below 40. It was always there and got worse. I switched to pilot roads and they are stable and wearing like the Avons. My son's FJR got an emergency Pilot sport and it handled better and were gone in 7k miles. My riding style is fairly reasonable with occasional illegal runs to remind me why I got this bike.

I've never had the Pilot Roads step out and have found their wet weather traction excellent. They are wearing much better than the Bridgestones that came with the bike and stick better as well. No experience with the Avons though.
+1... er... GUNNY!

My two cents.... Pilot Roads, I don't ride aggressively, but I ride year around (any above 38) and so far no pucker moments.. The Metz that came stock made me very nervous....

Hear, Hear :assassin:

I did just get off the phone with Michelin USA and they say that the PR2 IS COMING TO AMERICA by Late August to Early September. FJR sizes 120/70 ZR17 and 180/55 ZR17 will be in the inital shipments from France. Too bad I need to change tires RIGHT NOW and can't wait on those bad boys. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
it's just that there are a million tire threads.
but to help you out, if you like aggressive twisties get the Storms. The Michelins stick like dress shoes on a waxed floor. The Storms stick like gum in hair.

If you want long distance and don't mind the front end stepping out in turns, get the michellins.

JMO
I dunno! :rolleyes: I had PRs on for our Hwy 36 trip and didn't seem to do so awfully bad....... :dribble: :blink: IIRC, the fellow who was following me mentioned his front "stepped out" on a couple of turns. I'm sure it wasn't my technique, so it must be the equipment. :unknw: