• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Michelin PR 2 Fronts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnor

Reaction score
Anybody know anywhere that has 120/70 ZR17 pr 2 fronts in stock ??? I can't seem to find any.

That being said I have a new rear PR 2 that I haven't mounted yet, I can get front PR 2 CT's Is that a bad mix to put a PR 2CT on the front, and a PR 2 on the rear. What's the difference ??

I'm putting them on the Versys, not the FJR.

Is that a bad mix to put a PR 2CT on the front, and a PR 2 on the rear. What's the difference ??
I have mixed and matched often. Right now the PR 2CT wore out on the front so I put a nearly new Pilot Road on and I still have around 2,000 miles left on the Road 2CT rear. If you are riding 'normally' on the street I don't think mixing a 'regular' Pilot with a dual compound is a big deal.

When the 2CT wears out on the rear I have a Roadsmart ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran into the same thing at Cycle Gear this last week, plenty of rears, but no front PR2's what so ever! I was in extreme need, so ended up with a BT-021 again.

You, nor your Bike will noticed a difference. I've been running a PR front with a PR2 rear. Going to put new PR on front this weekend. Tripped near 8K on front and 5K on rear PR.

On other Bikes I've mixed biased with radials, front and back, and car tires with whatever. The ONLY thing that did not work well was a 150/80/16 front on the rear of an 1100 Shadow. It was toast around 2500 miles as I remember. If it had been mounted on the front of a RoadStar or Nomad it would have likely gone 17-20K as previous identical Pirellis.

You, nor your Bike will noticed a difference. I've been running a PR front with a PR2 rear. Going to put new PR on front this weekend. Tripped near 8K on front and 5K on rear PR.On other Bikes I've mixed biased with radials, front and back, and car tires with whatever. The ONLY thing that did not work well was a 150/80/16 front on the rear of an 1100 Shadow. It was toast around 2500 miles as I remember. If it had been mounted on the front of a RoadStar or Nomad it would have likely gone 17-20K as previous identical Pirellis.
You like ticklin the devils testicles, doncha?