Michelin ROAD 2 problem?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could this have something to do with the dual tread compound? Perhaps it is where the hard and soft meet?

Could this have something to do with the dual tread compound? Perhaps it is where the hard and soft meet?
I don't know, but since I backed the pressure down 4 lbs. each (36F & 38R), bike handles better and rides better. We'll see how the wear goes from here. Still have a little of the rippling effect (referred to as WONKY, lol) from the wear, but not near what it was.

I mounted a new set of PR2's for the WORD rally last weekend. Psi was 42/42 the bike was loaded with tools water and a taildragger Aux fuel cell.

After 3100 miles the rear looked great but the front was cupped badly.

I mounted a new set of PR2's for the WORD rally last weekend. Psi was 42/42 the bike was loaded with tools water and a taildragger Aux fuel cell.After 3100 miles the rear looked great but the front was cupped badly.
My front was wearing funny too after 3500 mi. I was running 40F 42R, 2 up mostly w/trunk and bags. Could actually feel it riding @ 55 just barely leaning left or right of balance. After backing AP down to 36F 38R, bike rides much better. We'll see how the wear goes now. The old ROADS used to give 6000 no problem at 40-42.

Last edited by a moderator: