micro switch at flash-to-pass location ???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bang-n-gearz

Reaction score
Gathering parts for my FF50 install. I bought a mini-micro rocker switch for that space in the housing where Euro's I believe have the flash to pass feature on left handle bar control housing.

I know someone with FJR did this, does anyone have that thead ??? Or someone else with pics? I can't find it

hey... thanks

Buck

Dls.TX

I found that one, was referring to another one, I might be wrong. Been studying up for so long now, all the threads and post are looking alike. I have OCD... no!!!!! yes!!!! :rolleyes:

I am ready, been raining like crazy here in Dallas wish I had everything this past weekend. Ordered Datel & micro rocker today. Sunshine today.. and now I want to ride.

Buck

Here's a picture of my micro swith install in the flash-to-pass hole. I used a momentary contact switch (springs back to off position when I let go of it) and wired it to a garage door opener. It took a small amount of filing to enlarge the hole slightly so the switch would fit. Works great and is easy to hit with my finger when I'm coming up the driveway.

DSC_2091.jpg

Here's a picture of my micro swith install in the flash-to-pass hole. I used a momentary contact switch (springs back to off position when I let go of it) and wired it to a garage door opener. It took a small amount of filing to enlarge the hole slightly so the switch would fit. Works great and is easy to hit with my finger when I'm coming up the driveway.
DSC_2091.jpg
Is it water proof?

Probably not.

I used silcone sealant around the switch, but the switch itself isn't designed to be waterproof. That being said, I've got about 13K miles on it and a few decent rides in the rain without any problems. It's also easy enough to replace the switch if it does someday fail due to water getting into it.

Ed.

DSC_2091.jpg
Is it water proof?
Check my thread to see the plastic thingy George sent me to cover it. I've got a zillion an apparently he does too. If you need a couple, PM me and I'll mail you a couple