Mid-March Florida Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRScrewball

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Met and rode with Wenmark and ki4bar on Saturday. During lunch we were talking about doing another ride in mid-March after bike week. Since ki4bar just moved down from NC he wants to see where we like to ride. Both are eager to meet other Florida FJR owners.

Just wanted to put out a feeler to see who would be interested and what day would be best for everyone. Also, any suggestions on where to ride.

Post up if you're interested.

Screwball

Screwball & Ki4bar I had alot of fun on that last ride and look for many more. I see the beginnings of a great riding group here with many rides. Lets see who else wants in on the adventures. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good to me. I just want to get thru bike/trailer week here in the Daytona area. Good for the local economy, but screws up the locals life so badly.

Any idea where you want to ride?

I'm just south of Daytona.

I would be interested, just need at least a week notice. Any issue with any FJ (not FJR) riders coming along? got a coworker riding one. Also have a few buddies riding sub liter bikes that may want to ride too.

FLFJRS

I thought we could ride up north of Orlando to the Ocala National Forest area. I've been up there several times and enjoy the roads. I'm on vacation this week and will be checking out a few new roads I've not been down but look interesting.

Orlando seems to be a good place for many from the east coast to meet. Those of us from the west part of central florida could meet in Lakeland. The Orlando and Lakeland groups could meet at the marina where CR448 and HWY19 meet at Lake Harris. How you get there from Orlando would be up to you but I like the roads on the west side of Lake Apopka.

KF4ZRA

I don't have a problem with other makes/models of bikes joining us as long as they are good riders. I don't like to babysit inexperienced riders. If anyone else has an objection speak up.

As far as dates go I guess it would have to be the 19th or 26th 'cause the Key West ride is April 2nd & 3rd. So give some feedback on what works best for everyone.

Dave

This sunday we are meeting Mark in St Pete at a restaurant that I don't have the name in front of me. But I will get it and repost. I think meetup is either 12 or 1pm

This sunday we are meeting Mark in St Pete at a restaurant that I don't have the name in front of me. But I will get it and repost. I think meetup is either 12 or 1pm
OK, I found it. Don't know for sure but I might be able to make it.

OK how about Sunday March 6th

Woody's Waterfront‎

7308 Sunset WaySt. Pete Beach, FL 33706-3633 at 1:00pm

Foods good and it on the water. Lets see who shows up.

Dave

I don't want to sound like I'm lost but we rode last sunday 2/26 and ate at the wharf. Did we have a ride planned for this Sunday March 6th? I am always up for some adventure. Just trying to make sure we are all on the same page. :)

I would be up for a motorcycle ride on sunday. I have only 2 more Saturdays to work the 5th and the 12th then mostly free to ride rest of the year on weekends. The 19th and 26th also both good days so someone pick a day or 2?

could go west or north on 6th to avoid bike week and do east or south on 26th to give a little time

I would be up for a motorcycle ride on sunday. I have only 2 more Saturdays to work the 5th and the 12th then mostly free to ride rest of the year on weekends. The 19th and 26th also both good days so someone pick a day or 2?

could go west or north on 6th to avoid bike week and do east or south on 26th to give a little time
Don't know if Sunday is going to happen. I sent an email to Fastalk for clarification but have not heard anything.

I thought you might be interested in the 19th or 26th ride. As yet no one has mentioned their preference. I know rockmurf said either day is ok with him. If people have a preference they need to speak up. I want this to be open for as many people as possible. The destination is still open for discussion as well. My earlier post was only a suggestion.

Dave

I was hoping sun was still on as i missed the previous ride. Unfortunately, it looks like a 70% chance of storms on sunday.

Ill be the first to admit that I am not as hard core as some people on here, so you wont find me riding in the rain if i can avoid it.

Hey guys! I'm down in Miami and would be interested in a ride the weekend of the 26th. Someone mentioned going East or South - I'm not sure where everyone here is located but I could probably either ride up the night before and stay up in the Orlando area or meet everyone when they get a bit further South if that is the route decided on.

I agree, lets do it on the 19th. If that doesn't work for some then we can do another on the 26th.

It looks like so far we have myself and the following riders:

rockmurf

Scott H

Wenmark

kf4zra

FLFJRS

Does that sound right?

Dave