Migsel GPS mount..?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaoler

Reaction score
'Anyone using the Migsel designed mount for their GPS...?

Doesn't appear to be readily available in North America, but may be worth ordering one even though it has to come from the UK

Long bolts and spacers replace the OEM tank mounting bolts...

Last edited by a moderator:
The WynPro is on my short list for sure... Of course I'm still undecided as to if I "really" need/want a gps on the bike anyway.

I mean... Have we come to the point where we can't find our way around without all this space tech.?

'Last three day tour I rode was done with a $9 map book from Walmart.

No batteries.

No wires.

Yes. You really need a GPS. Yes, you really need a high quality mount. You just bought a '16 ES for crying out loud. What is a few extra pennies for getting a GPS?

Migsel had some really good mounts for the ST1300, their quality is excellent. I do not recall reading anything bad about them.

WynPro is run by one of our forum members and he makes some other nice accessories for our FJRs.

Others may disagree, that is okay... I LOVE the looks of the FJR. I love the look of the Gen3 and I was not willing to "ugly" my new bike. The WynPro mount almost looks factory, it is inconspicuous, it is functional, it is Just Right. It will not work if you add a HeliBar bridge or an MV Motoradd bar setback system but will work with the GenMar blocks. I love mine.

And I can honestly say it is worth WAAAY more than I paid for it! (Thanks Dave and Dave. I have not forgotten)

FWIW, when I travel I use the GPS, my phone, typed turn by turn directions, and a whole stack of paper maps. The GPS is just one tool among many.

Or... I can just follow the guy I ride with. He has a GPS mounted on his bike... One of them there "Victory" things...

I am leaning towards the WynPro... Using the orphaned mirror mount hole seems easy, but having the GPS front and centre as opposed to hanging off the clutch reservoir is much preferred.