Mini Trunk

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a direct link? Don't feel like wading through all the forums to find what your telling us about.

It's rather goldwing-ish.
Yep - it's just a mini-me version of the regular GW trunk.

I can see where extra storage can come in handy, but, it would take some engineering to develop a solid mounting bracket that would allow you to carry anything of substance.

Good price. Probably not big enough to carry a laptop. Demonstrates what we already knew, the stuff we buy for our FJR is way more expensive than it needs to be.

Thanks for the link Dean. ;)

VERY Goldwingish! Would look horrendous on an FJR IMHO, but to each his own, and the price is right!

Do any of you actually use a GIVI trunk case along with the side bags?

Regards,

Shane

Regards,

Shane
Quite often. My briefcase/laptop case doesn't fit well in my side cases and I hardly ever take off my side cases. The wife will only ride with the Givi case on. If I'm going out of town, I'd rather have a bunch of empty space and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I have the tail trunk on there pretty much permanantly, although the side bags haven't been on since I brought it home. I don't see me using all 3 unless I go on a long trip, which unfortunatly I haven't been able to plan since bringing the bike home.

I find a tail trunk much easier to use. It is easier to load and unload. And since I live in CA, it doesn't interfer with lane splitting. Since I ride my bike to work 95% of the time, it is always on there. Just for my lunch and stuff.

Spike

All the time. Laptop goes in the Givi, everything else (rain gear, tools, crap) goes in the side cases.

But, when I don't have the laptop and I'm doing a day trip somewhere, I often remove the side cases and run with just the Givi.

Which GIVI are y'all using for the trunk? Does it require any special mounting bracket?

I have a large GIVI bag that I take everywhere with my GL1800/A and I have plenty of room since that leaves the Wing's three storage areas free!

Regards,

Shane

I was just doing some googling and I realized the GIVI trunk bag that most seem to use is the E52!

I have a silver GL1800/A and the Givi hard bag I have is a silver E52! It seems all I have to purchase is another Givi mounting plate :p !

Best Regards,

Shane

Shane,

I have a Givi V 46. You can get it in a color to match the FJR. Its a bit smaller than the E 52. Check it out on Givi's web page.