• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Minnesota Wilbers Buyers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radman

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Any Minnesota/Wisconsin buyers who are leery of doing the spring install/fluid change are welcome to come to the U of M Fleet garage Saturday Feb 11 (assuming I have my springs by then) for help and/or install procedures. Bring the bike or just your fork tubes and we'll have at it. If you are askeered of removing the tubes, this little set of instructions, courtesy of our Beloved Benevolent Dictator for Life WC, will ease you through the procedure. Any probs, feel free to pm or email me, or just post it here if you are secure enough in your manhood to endure the dogpile bitch slappin' you will surely empower. If springs have not arrived, the following Sat (Feb 18) will have to do instead.

Plz Help Me!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be up for that iffin' my stuff gets here by then. I ordered towards the end though, so I kinda have my doubts. My head bearings also need lube/torqueing, would you be up for that at the same time?

Lee

(let the slapping commence) :assasin:

No problemo, I have the tools needed for the head stock work. If enough people wanna do this, I have no problem doing a couple of them, including the rear shock install, just get the bike there.

Id be up for something like this, but I'm a little too far to ride up there this weekend. Anyone want to do something similar on the south west coast? Preferably someone who knows what they're doing? Any one, anyone at all? :search:

Any Minnesota/Wisconsin buyers who are leery of doing the spring install/fluid change are welcome to come to the U of M Fleet garage Saturday Feb 11 (assuming I have my springs by then) for help and/or install procedures.
Since this the the 7th and I haven't heard of anyone even receiving notice that the shocks/springs have been shipped, what are the chances of getting anything by the 11th? I thought they were going to be shipped by UPS ground but maybe for $25 they are going to be shipped overnight express. Does anyone know?

Id be up for something like this, but I'm a little too far to ride up there this weekend. Anyone want to do something similar on the south west coast? Preferably someone who knows what they're doing? Any one, anyone at all? :search:
+1

Cripes! I have had my Wilbers fork springs since the first group buy and I am askeered to try and do it myself since I have never done anything with forks. Yet, I don't want to pay some dealer to do a sub-standard job. What's a newbie wrench supposed to do? I need somebody to hold my hand through this.

Rad, why don't you all come out to sunny Arizona (79 degrees today), and we can do it out here! ;)

Seriously, like Vecterboy said above, anybody in the southwest or maybe even west coast know how to do this and wanna play show and tell?

Gotta git them damn springs in for cryin out lould. I mean my Wilbers shock is probably due for a rebuild, and I haven't even installed the damn springs.

If they shipped today, I'd have mine by the weekend. Looks kind of doubtful right now, but????

If they shipped today, I'd have mine by the weekend.  Looks kind of doubtful right now, but????
Yes, it looks rather doubtful for today. Since your shocks have been in for a week it appears that shipping the goods to complete the sale has very low priority. Having them sit in New Jersey for a couple of extra weeks isn't that big of deal but trying to coordinate my travel schedule with the day that UPS will leave the package sitting on my doorstep, in plain sight to anyone driving by, is getting to be a bit of a problem for me.

Hey Skooter, c'mon over. I even have the 'sperience to snap the top tree! I still have my brakelines to put on... it could be a party! I'll even have the missus whip up a batch of her motorcycle gumbo, yum.

Hey Skooter, c'mon over. I even have the 'sperience to snap the top tree! I still have my brakelines to put on... it could be a party! I'll even have the missus whip up a batch of her motorcycle gumbo, yum.
Dayem!!!!!!!!! Now you are talking

Are you serious?!?!?!? Cause I am making plans already! And I know it won't take much to talk Vectervp1 into the little trip either.

And.............I still have to install my Speiglers too. Though I ain't too askeered of that. Something about some flare nut wrenches however?

Hmmm.........

Iffin you be serious an all, when is good for you?

I'm clear through the end of Feb except for this Sunday. Weekends or weekdays. Only problem is that you'll hafta put yourself up at the Motel 6 down the street ($50/nite). My 280 lb step son put his foot through the bottom of the tub in the guest bath, so we are having to remodel that... <_< :angry:

I'll pick up what ever tools I don't have for the brake lines. Brake juice and shock draino can be picked-up across the street at the NAPA shop. I have everything else.

7.5 weight shock oil is hard to find locally, so either bring it with you or ship it to my PMB.

PM me if you wanna do this... We've hogged enough of rad's thread already (sorry).

7.5 weight shock oil is hard to find locally, so either bring it with you or ship it to my PMB.
I was told that you can take a litre of 5wt and a liter of 10wt and mix together for 7.5wt.

What time do you think your going to start this parrrty, I mean work shop seminar?????

Can you do a mapquest for us thinking bout making tracks over yonder....

ZZZzz

U of M Fleet Services

Lets say 10:00 hours (10 am to you civvies), phone is 612-423-4564 (spammers don't bother, it's a shop cell). Lets just plan on the 18th, I doubt many if any will have the stuff before then. I have massive numbers of tools available, we can make a crankshaft if we get bored. All you need bring is tubes, bikes, any fluids. The entry door to the shop faces North (moss side to you greenies), on the Como side. Turn in at the gas island on 29th, you must come in from Como to 29th, no south access. See ya's then.

I should really start making videos of this shit, bet I could make a killing. 'Specially if it had naked wimmins helping, like on those cheesy Harley videos on how to change your oil wrong an stuff. :D

bet I could make a killing. 'Specially if it had naked wimmins helping, like on those cheesy Harley videos on how to change your oil wrong an stuff. :D
Oh No! I seem to have spill some oil on my ;)

how will I ever clean it off?!?

*bwaw chica wow woa*

My stuff isn't scheduled to arrive until moday, the 13th. So the 18th will be clinic day.

I hope the current projections are wrong. I was planning to ride down for the "clinic". They are now saying high's around 0 for Saturday and lows in the -teens. I don't mind riding in the cold, but I think that may be pushing it a little. I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet either, so it may be a moot point.

Lee