Mirror Extenders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twowheelnut

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
While looking for some replacement mirrors or mirror extenders for my Wabs (the mirrors of which, by the way, are worse than having Stevie Wonder spot your six
blindfold_125.gif
), I came across these for Gen I FJR's from twistedthrottle.com. Made by SW-motech. Might be of help to somes of ya's.

4071-350x350.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any information comparing this option to the width of FZ1 mirrors? Is this a equally comparable alternative?

Also, I didn't see any info on width of the spacer. Was it me? Did I miss it? How much wider is this (or the FZ mirror) (asking because I have access to a machine shop)

Do you have any information comparing this option to the width of FZ1 mirrors? Is this a equally comparable alternative?Also, I didn't see any info on width of the spacer. Was it me? Did I miss it? How much wider is this (or the FZ mirror) (asking because I have access to a machine shop)
I dunno, I just came across this and said to myself, 'hey, someone might be interested in these'. So, crack yer wallet or tap into the kid's college fund, score a set and report on 'em, you cheap bastige!

Shoot, I'm headed down to talk to the Machine Tool Technology instructor (and personal friend)! Sounds like time to shave some aluminum. But thank you, this hadn't occured to me before the post.

Shoot, I'm headed down to talk to the Machine Tool Technology instructor (and personal friend)! Sounds like time to shave some aluminum. But thank you, this hadn't occured to me before the post.
No worries, I bill out a $225/hour. I even include a SASE for my clients' convenience. Terms are: Payable upon receipt. Otherwise, Guido, my, um, 'accounts receivable manager', will re-arrange some nasal cartilage for you at no extra charge. ;)

Save the envelope, hombre. The check's in the mail. B)

$58 for FZ1 mirrors shipped.Ebay
Course, that makes it all kinda pointless. Even I can afford that.

Well, I mean I think I can get a loan for that.

With, of course, a cosigner.

TWN? Buddy?

:dribble: I don't know what's wrong with you guys, complaining about seeing behind you, I kinda like seeing how much rain is falling off my elbows....

I was thinking that there must be a video setup we could look for that would have a helmut mounted display so we don't even have to turn around to see what LEO organization is trying to catch up to you to offer you a method of lightening your wallet....

$58 for FZ1 mirrors shipped.Ebay
I haven't had any problems with the heads on my Emgos yet, but I reworked the joint part by drilling out the POS rivet and using bolts with double nuts. Highly recommended, especially if you like to fold 'em up now and then. They work great so far, but if they ever give me trouble I'm callin' UM for some OEM ($90.00).

More info

I rarely ever do a head check, as I've found (with the FZ-1 mirrors) I can lean forward and away from the direction I want to see and visualize the blind spots without turning my head away from the frontal 180 field that most danger comes from. Driving trucks has taught me to trust my mirrors, and get ones that are trustworthy. YMMV.