Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fz1don

Reaction score
I have a set of mirrors off my FZ1 so I thought I would try them on the FJR. IMO they do give a better field of vision, but just stuck out to far. I couldn't do it. Next I tried my Rizoma bar end mirrors. Again, great field of vision, but they just didn't look right. I guess I'll stick with the stock mirrors for now. Not that they are all that bad, just checking out a few options.

Well this is my solution, but I don't know how much help it will be to you, since I can't find these little buggers online anywhere! I bought a couple pairs of these alot of years ago...I believe they were sold under the name "Bikemaster" and I got them at Competition Accesories. They're 1 1/4" (~32mm) round blind spot mirrors. I can't tell you how many bikes these two pairs have been on over the years, but they're so damned hard to find I always peel them off before selling a bike and stick them on the next one. They're pretty unobtrusive, but they help alot. I'll bet if you got your local bike shop parts guy to dig a bit through Tucker-Rocky and/or Parts Unlimited catalogs, you could find them. Finding them is definately the hard part. Here they are installed on my '05 FJR;

spot1.jpg

and here they are on my '06 Derbi GPR125

spot2.jpg

Might be worth a look. SOMEBODY has to still make the darn things!

Well this is my solution, but I don't know how much help it will be to you, since I can't find these little buggers online anywhere! I bought a couple pairs of these alot of years ago...I believe they were sold under the name "Bikemaster" and I got them at Competition Accesories. They're 1 1/4" (~32mm) round blind spot mirrors.
Like these at Cycle Gear?

Like these at Cycle Gear?
Damn Mike...how'd ya do that??? I confess, I spent a fair amount of time googling for those little bastards with no luck, although I was searching for "spot mirrors". But I'm glad you found them! Pity the shipping is more than the mirrors. Hafta order a few sets to make it worthwhile.

Well, Mike's find prompted me to do a little more searching, and I found some that might work even better. My current ones are ~32mm diameter, same as the ones MM2 found. A little small, but your typical car type are more like 58mm...way too big for a bike. Well I found some on Ebay that are 40mm! THAT could prove to be a very useful size, but only time will tell if the quality is worth a shit or not. They were VERY cheap...$2.79 a pair SHIPPED from Hong Kong! That's cheap, so my expectations are pretty low. But you never know, they might be decent, and if they're not, I'm only out less than 3 bucks. I can live with that. I found them HERE. I'll report on the quality once they get here.