Modular Helmets and Helmet kits

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
I'm wondering which helmet kit works best with a modular helmet? I have a starcomm unit and currently using a full face helmet with associated kit. I'm interested in a modular but a full face helmet kit won't work (i'm assuming) since the mic attaches to the chin bar. I'm thinking mabie a SH-006 kit? with the flexible boom?

For those of you that have a modular and a helmet kit installed which kit did you use???

Thanks...

I'm wondering which helmet kit works best with a modular helmet? I have a starcomm unit and currently using a full face helmet with associated kit. I'm interested in a modular but a full face helmet kit won't work (i'm assuming) since the mic attaches to the chin bar. I'm thinking mabie a SH-006 kit? with the flexible boom?

For those of you that have a modular and a helmet kit installed which kit did you use???

Thanks...

I just purchased a u-clear hbc100 and a HJC symax 2 helmet from revzilla. The u-clear mic is part of the ear speakers. The speakers are very thin and mount in the ear holes. I haven't had a chance yet to do a good test of it but it seems to work well so far.

Don

The Starcom full face helmet kit will work on a modular helmet but you won't be able to use the mic when the face is flipped up. If this is a problem then the Starcom kit with boom mic solves it.

I have 2 modular helmets set up with kits for 3/4 helmets (boom mikes). The Scala G4 is on an HJC Symax and the Honda kit is on a Shoei Multitec. The small mike of the G4 fits inside the Symax pretty well; the larger mike of the Honda kit makes it pretty crowded inside the Shoei.

My wife and I have the Scala G2 unit ($169 from newenough!) and when she had her modular Scorpion it worked well.

Thanks...

I recently switched to a modular (HJC). I had the Starcom full face wiring so I ended up making my own boom mic with a piece of wire and foam.......I'll take a photo for ya.....it can be done to avoid the cost of a new kit just for the boom mic. To each their own though.

I have a Nolan N103 that I bought without their Bluetooth system because it was too quiet. I recently bought the Sena SMH10 Bluetooth communicator from forum member Cougar8000. The Sena speakers fit perfectly in the Nolan helmet cutouts and the clamp mount still allows use of the sunshield slider (although it requires a little more attention to sliding it because the Sena is just below the slider now). The jog dial on the Sena makes it really easy to operate with gloves on and I love that it puts out lots of volume. Also no issues with connecting to my Zumo 660.