Modular Helmets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had Nolan and HJC flips, and now the Scorpion EXO900. Looked at the Multi, no thanks. The Scorpion is the best of the bunch, less noisy, and almost OK without earplugs. It is well made, excellent latch mechanism, and the inflatable feature for custom fitting is a great idea. Quality materials, ECE and DOT approved. I am impressed. Love mine. I am partial to flips for the convenience, even if some believe they aren't as safe as full face.

Thanks to all. I appreciate everyone;s comment. I pretty much have made my mind made up to go back to a full face hat. The main reason I bought the EXO 900 was for the convenience and the flip down sun screen. I do a lot of short trip stuff and those two items were a big factor. However especially on longer ridfes the noise is unbearable. So thanks again. I appreciate it. So if anmyone's interested in a hell of a deal on an almost new 900 in black pm me for details. Lonnie

Try the new Shark helmet. It is modular but the jaw portion flips all the way to the back and it can work as a open face helmet. There is a sun visor and the shield comes off and is interchangeable. Ups.... Fits really weel and is comfortable, seems strong (thankfully haven't tested it). Downs... Is heavier than my full face Shoei, somewhat noisy (use earplugs anyway.

:ph34r: