MoJo blocks for HF tire changer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Reaction score
I've been using a HF tire changer for several years and think it works well, especially considering the $$s. I coated the rim holders with the rubber stuff that I use to coat tool handles. This helps prevent scratching the rim but still allows the rim to slip a little when mounting the new tire. I'd appreciate comments on the MoJo rim blocks, do they hold the rim securely? I have the MoJo bar and it works fairly well. TIA Ian, Iowa

IME the mojo blocks don't prevent slipping, you have to tie the rim to the changer. They are made from a high density plastic, slippery stuff even with rim clamps cranked down.

IME the mojo blocks don't prevent slipping, you have to tie the rim to the changer. They are made from a high density plastic, slippery stuff even with rim clamps cranked down.
I agree w/ V65... I used parts of an old bicycle inner tube to help provide the grip....

And here I just let the changer scratch my rims. You can't see the scratches at triple digit speeds anyway B)

I just put down 2-3 layers of duct tape on the clamp surface. It doesn't slip. Before changing the next tire, add another layer.