Mokos enough?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loingrader

Reaction score
i've had the moko's on my 05 fjr since day 1. am planning some more long distance, edge of civilization rides this summer and i am wondering if the metisse engine case protectors are needed/desired if mokos are already installed. these seem like a great and relatively inexpensive way to protect the stator cover, but i don't hear much about them on the board. any suggestions?

-b

If you're talking about the CF engine armor, I've got one, and really like it. Glad I got it before the prices went up though.... Makes me feel a whole lot better about my ability to drive away from a skid on that side should one occur.

Here ya go. Just drill holes wherever convienient or zip tie it. Give it that cool custom look, amaze your friends, and it's off to the bar!

105-43.jpg

If you're talking about the CF engine armor, I've got one, and really like it. Glad I got it before the prices went up though.... Makes me feel a whole lot better about my ability to drive away from a skid on that side should one occur.
+1

I got some scratches on my engine cover, depsite the Mokos, in my tip-over. Not a big deal to me, at least not enough to buy an aftermarket cover.

I got some scratches on my engine cover, depsite the Mokos, in my tip-over. Not a big deal to me, at least not enough to buy an aftermarket cover.
The point of the engine case cover isn't cosmetic. It's to protect the case from cracking if you go down hard on that side.

(or maybe I misinterpretted your comments)

If you're talking about the CF engine armor, I've got one, and really like it.  Glad I got it before the prices went up though.... Makes me feel a whole lot better about my ability to drive away from a skid on that side should one occur.
CF engine armor? I did a couple of searches and couldn't find a source for this. I see that Johnny Bike has Alt. cover kevlar protectors but there from a company called TPT. Also metisse?

Any info will greatly appreciated before gravity gets me :eek:

locally (as in stateside) you can get it from here

this is the one i'm looking at and the only one that i know of available for the fjr.

and yea, i'm not looking for cosmetics, i want to be able to ride home if i dump my bike in the middle of nowhere.

-b