Mokos

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR_pig

Bud Light Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
So I was looking at the price on Moko sliders on www.whaccessories.com and noticed the price for '06 sliders were significantly less than the '05 sliders. Does this seem odd to anyone else? I was looking at ordering some now for April installation when the bike shows up (hopefully), but now I'm a little gun shy.

It's because the fairing is no longer obsructing the engine mount bolt, hence no bracket is required. As soon as I get up close and personal with an '06, if your interested, I will offer them for sale for around $60.00, which will include the mounting hardware. Your pick aluminum or delrin.

GSGProtectorFJR06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as I get up close and personal with an '06, if your interested, I will offer them for sale for around $60.00, which will include the mounting hardware.
GSGProtectorFJR06.jpg
Just say when and you've got a buyer here. If you're having trouble getting up close and personal with an '06, maybe we can work something out, too. Not sure how much time you'd want/need with the bike, but I'd be open to a ride south once the month of April plants another two wheels in my garage.

And thanks for the education - I didn't realize there was this difference between the model years.

Does the bracket the sliders bolt into need to be purchased? Don't know if that is part of the bike or if the bracket is part of the slider setup as I don't have the bike yet. Any help? Thanks, PM. <>< :huh:

Does the bracket the sliders bolt into need to be purchased? Don't know if that is part of the bike or if the bracket is part of the slider setup as I don't have the bike yet. Any help? Thanks, PM. <>< :huh:
On the '06 model there is no need for a bracket to mount the sliders, they bolt into the engine mount bolt hole the same way the R&G sliders bolt in. And, no need to cut holes in the plastic regardless of which sliders you choose.

So, okay, now I have the cash to get some sliders,

but the question is:

The standard Moko's, or the polished Metisse (which

sould match my Jarmo bar ends)

(Skyway, do you know if youor bobbins will fit on

the Metisse hardware?)

I happen to like the g-a shiny ones, and no, I'm

happily married (to a classy lady, thank you very much!)

Jim