Motels

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I recently stayed at the Gordon Motel in Jasper, AR then later that evening while taking a walk around Jasper after dinner met the owner of the Arkansas House hotel across highway 7 from the Gordon. For 2 the Gordon was $40 total, in cash. It was a clean but had not been updated since the '60s.
A long time ago, S.O. and I stayed at the motel on the hill in Wilburton OK (some of it had visible fire damage... :eek: ) -- when I asked the rate the old guy said $20, cash. I gave him a $20 bill and he promptly put it in his overalls pocket and handed me a key.

Been through there recently and it's all been redone -- rates are probably higher... :(

BTW -- if you leave a window partially open, you can hear roosters crow in the morning in Wilburton. :)

Finally got around to looking for what I had seen before. "Mom and Pop motels.com" Wonder where they got that URL?? :D

Pretty short on hard info but the idea is there. I haven't browsed it enough to determine if it's nothing but plugs but the first pass looks OK. Probably too much to administer here though

Mom and Pop Motels