Motobike tire price matrix - not extensive

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Don. Do you have a link to the spreadsheet? I think your photo truncated the data.
I will note that there just don’t seem to be any great deals in tires for the FJR anymore. I’m going out on a limb and trying a set of Shinko Ravens next, as soon as my current set is finished.

Hey, Don. Do you have a link to the spreadsheet? I think your photo truncated the data.
I will note that there just don’t seem to be any great deals in tires for the FJR anymore. I’m going out on a limb and trying a set of Shinko Ravens next, as soon as my current set is finished.
Been away Matt. Nope, the pic was all I had. A bud just installed Shinko SE890 touring tires on his XR1000 BMW and so far loves them. Will see how long they last.. they look almost like a PR5 knock off, and he got front and back, delivered, for less than 300 USD.

Yikes! $300 is cheap now for moto tires?

I just put a set of Shinko Ravens on my FJR fir the first time. No real experience other than they were easy to spoon on. And it’s Fred, not Matt.

Hey Don,
I dont see the Bridgestone T32's on your list they also have a rebate on currently. Fred I have run the Shinko Raven 009 and found them to be a good tire just wore a little quicker than others I have used in the past. Let me qualify that the rear wore quicker the front will last longer than any other I have used. Having said that if you are doing your own tire changes the Shinko 009 is a great value but if you have to pay a shop to mount tires you will want to look for the longest lasting tire you can find, in my area shops are charging $90/wheel now.

Yikes! $300 is cheap now for moto tires?

I just put a set of Shinko Ravens on my FJR fir the first time. No real experience other than they were easy to spoon on. And it’s Fred, not Matt.
Curious to see how you fare with the Shinkos, Fred. I know you research your moto acquisitions fairly thoroughly, so get going on seat time and report back.

I’ll be putting some miles on them this week. Captain Jack and I are heading down to visit Bill’s Old Bike Barn in PA. We’ll ride some back roads down from VT on Weds. so we can be there when they open on Thursday at 10AM. Will later be putting some slab time on them Thursday after the museum visit, to get back home at a reasonable time.

During the initial balance test and tire scuff-in ride of ~200 miles they felt perfectly fine. If the only knock on them is that the rear wears fast, I’m good with that. I haven’t been doing much LD riding anyway lately.