MotoFizz Medium + Garauld Rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
Just got my new MotoFizz Medium from Aerostitch, I am impressed ! :)

Could you tell me how you fix the bag on your Garauld rack ? <_<

Well I didn't have that rack but was able to secure my Medium Motofizz bag by running the 4 straps with fastex buckles thru the corners of my rack. They're adjustable for length so you'll just have to shorten them till the bag is secure at each corner. All I did was knot all the excess length till I had the strap correct . Then I taped them with electrical tape. That left the four straps mounted to the rack but the bag could still be easily removed. Hope my rather lame explanation helped. Sorry, no pics.

Well I didn't have that rack but was able to secure my Medium Motofizz bag by running the 4 straps with fastex buckles thru the corners of my rack. They're adjustable for length so you'll just have to shorten them till the bag is secure at each corner. All I did was knot all the excess length till I had the strap correct . Then I taped them with electrical tape. That left the four straps mounted to the rack but the bag could still be easily removed. Hope my rather lame explanation helped. Sorry, no pics.
Sure, thanks

I use (2) flat bungies through the 4 loops on the bottom front to back. I hook on the front loop and run the bungie through the back loop and then back to the front loop to secure. I then run the (2) attached straps through the farthest outside rung and clip. This way it is secure front to back and side to side. 30,000 miles later and I haven't lost a load yet.

My Fizz came with four straps each with a loop on the end. I feed the free end through the loop which is around the rack tubing (like a choker) so the strap is attached to the rack. When running w/o the bag, use the four-way strap connector gizmo that you received and the straps never need to leave the rack. I also use small velcro quick ties to secure the loose strap ends...Tidy look and no flapping.

--G

Latest posts