Motofizz seat bag mounting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crewof1

Beaten by the odds
Reaction score
I recently got a good deal on a medium MotoFizz "camping seat bag" because it was missing one of the four mounting straps. I am rounding up the hardware to replace the missing strap, and I wondered about other's set up.

Did you mount on the passenger seat or rack? If rack, factory or aftermarket (Garauld)? Where did you attach the mounting straps?

Any opinions about this item? Seems to be made of good materials and workmanship is good, so far.

Thanks!

I have the large Motofizz, I use the stock rack and two ratchet straps, I don't trust the weight shift in the twisties with the stock straps. Solid as a rock, speed tested !

Crewof1,

Coincidentally, a medium MotoFizz Camping Seat Bag is enroute from Aerostitch to my porch - Once it arrives, I'll see what is reccommended, and try to get some idea of how to mount it.

I'll let you know.

A friend of mine uses a Motofizz (med) bag atop one of Garauld's luggage racks. Works great. Just don't try using the rain cover while moving. His is laying somewhere on the road between Creede and Lake City Colorado!

I have the large fizz and have mounted it both on one of Gerald's racks as well as the passenger seat. I have Bungie Buddies on the bags and use caribeeners (sp?) attached to the mounting straps to make the attachment to the Buddies.

jim

Couple of pics I had handy so others can see a Motofizz bag. I don't have any close ups in Photobucket yet.

motofizz1.jpg

motofizz2.jpg

Hey, all - thanks for the tips, tricks, and pics!

I'll be sorting it out this weekend, trying to figure out which straps, buckles, ratchets I need to get for the perfect mount. I found this source for delrin buckles, nylon straps, zippers and the like that I may use(no affiliation yet). Lots of other cool stuff here: Clicky!

I'll post the results of my mount to this thread when I finish it.

Highlander,

Nice setup and good to know the stock rack is up to the task. I've been thinking about trying the small Motofizz bag and may as soon as funds become available. Not wanting to hijack this thread, could you briefly tell me about your light setup? Looks like FF-50's on top but what' on the bottom? You can PM me if you'd rather. Thanks!

Just don't try using the rain cover while moving. His is laying somewhere on the road between Creede and Lake City Colorado!
Here is the trick to using the rain cover when in route...Cinch the rain cover up tight and put a bungee cord around the lower section...Put on many miles last summer with nary a problem.

FJRRushmore.jpg

Here is another rack idea that is custom built for the medium Moto Fizz (since the design has now been validated :p )

FizzwoBack.jpg

Have fun !

--G

Okay, since I Know everyone has been dying for an update, here's what's happening with my discount MotoFizz bag that was missing a mounting strap.

I ordered a buckle and 1" nylon strapping from a cool place in Missouri: clicky!

Edit: whoops, guess I already clicky'd them earlier.

Also got a replacement zipper for my mesh pants and some black shock cord to replace the loud yellow one on the MotoFizz bag. Very quality items at very reasonable prices, small custom quantities are no problem. Got my order in 3 days over a holiday weekend. A satisfied customer - no other affiliation.

That's pretty cool, but here's the good news. I was looking at the instruction cardboard(?) that came with the MotoFizz bag. Japanese all over the place, and pics of how to attach, etc. On the whole chunk of cardboard the only English is a website address. So I went to the website and again, lots of Japanese and pictures, but this time no English anywhere...so I start rolling my mouse and finding the links. Finally found one that fired up an outgoing email to sales....

So I send an email explaining about the missing strap, they responded in not perfect English a couple of days later, and the jist is they are sending a replacement to me free of charge! How cool is that?! The "exclusive American Dealer" of MotoFizz stuff could not be bothered with helping me find a strap that would work, even though they also sell straps. Went to the source, and they would love to help. Great product service.

So I'll try the stock straps as soon as my bike is street-able and trip-able again. I'll also be on the lookout for some ratchet straps because I worry that the stock straps may slip under speed, vibration.

Last edited by a moderator: