• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

MotoPort Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget to get your order in before October 31st. There will price increase for all the Kevlar gear.
So the new procedure is to call Motoport directly and tell them we're part of the FJR Forum group buy, correct? Do we need to ask for Wayne specifically?

Mike

Correct call in and place your order. Everyone in the office knows about the group buy.
Did the ADVriders count put us into the discount on jackets?
I would guess probably but there many people that were listed on both forums so I am not sure what the discount is at the moment and what the final discount will be. Wayne is compiling the numbers and I will ask him on the 31st.

So the new procedure is to call Motoport directly and tell them we're part of the FJR Forum group buy, correct? Do we need to ask for Wayne specifically?

Mike

Correct call in and place your order. Everyone in the office knows about the group buy.
Anytime you change the rules in the middle of a group buy it causes mass confusion...especially when the thread is 8 pages long and the new rules are not updated in the original post. I called Wayne last Monday, I hope I was not the only one to place an order this week.

Mike

Anytime you change the rules in the middle of a group buy it causes mass confusion...especially when the thread is 8 pages long and the new rules are not updated in the original post. I called Wayne last Monday, I hope I was not the only one to place an order this week.
johnny80s, maybe you should send out a message through the forum about the rule changes?

Glad I checked back...

Just got my order in for the gloves. Previously missed the part about calling in and actually placing the order with motoport.

dougc

Howdy, all- another ADVer piggybacking on your group buy...

I'm in for a Ultra II air mesh Kevlar jacket and the air mesh Kevlar pant.

Placed my order directly with Wayne, who answered my hundred or so last-minute questions. :rolleyes:

Thanks, johnny80s for setting this up! :yahoo:

Sorry guys I was out on ride for 4 days sans laptop. I will update the original post.

I recommend you follow the thread to completion if you are participating in the group buy. Completion would be when you place your order and Wayne tells you how big of discount you qualified for.

I will continue to post more info about the discount as I get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys I was out on ride for 4 days sans laptop. I will update the original post.
I recommend you follow the thread to completion if you are participating in the group buy. Completion would be when you place your order and Wayne tells you how big of discount you qualified for.

I will continue to post more info about the discount as I get it.
I'm calling Wayne tomorrow to place an order for a jacket and gloves. I was going to wait until this winter, but I'll move it up for a discount and to ensure we have enough for the group discount.

My gloves arrived yesterday. I faxed in an outline of my hand on graph paper (you remember graph paper, right?) and I really expected a size XX, but they came in X and they fit perfectly. Sweet gloves.

Edit: They charged my card for full price. I assume this will go the same way as the Kisan group buy, and the discount will be refunded once they get all the numbers in.

My gloves arrived yesterday. I faxed in an outline of my hand on graph paper (you remember graph paper, right?) and I really expected a size XX, but they came in X and they fit perfectly. Sweet gloves.
They charged my card for full price. I assume this will go the same way as the Kisan group buy, and the discount will be refunded once they get all the numbers in.
Same thing here with the gloves. I normally take a 2xl but I am in an xl for the Motoprot gloves.

Ask Wayne about the credit card charge. I do not know how he is working that. I will ask him later today when I see him.

They charged my card for full price. I assume this will go the same way as the Kisan group buy, and the discount will be refunded once they get all the numbers in.
Same thing here with the gloves. I normally take a 2xl but I am in an xl for the Motoprot gloves.

Ask Wayne about the credit card charge. I do not know how he is working that. I will ask him later today when I see him.
My gloves arrived yesterday. I'm normally an XL but got XXL after tracing the hands. They fit and feel great.

My credit card was charged $109.xx plus about $15 shipping. The 15% discount had been applied.

Thanks again Jonny80s for setting this up.

Cheers,

Oops, my mistake. They did give me the 15% discount. I was looking at the wrong line on my statement.

Sorry for the confusion.

Just got the e-mail (UPS shipment notification) that my pants are in the mail. WooHoo!.

Thanks Johnny80s.

Pants arrived, with the 15% credited in the invoice.

Got in a couple hundred miles to test 'em out. I like.

Does anybody know what the final tally was for jackets and pants? I placed an order for both, but at the time Wayne wasn't sure where the numbers were.

I was told all items qualified for the 15% discount by Wayne.
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Just think of all those people's skin you potentially saved, Johnny!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

My gloves are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! :yahoo: Probably won't be wearing them for quite a while,but didn't want to pass up the discount. Thanks for organizing it,Johnny.

Mike