Motorcycle Chase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you did this in Texas they would spike strip you or pitt you with a mustang.
YES! You are CORRECT SIR! :) : TX DPS has a low threshold for stuff like that. They will whip out the 12 gauge or an AR-15 real quick in chases.
I'm calling bullshit on that play--

Spike stripping an articulated vehicle is the same as using deadly force, and it will get a department sued until the sun doesn't come up. I know of no departments where that is allowed, and it is strictly prohibited in the departments I do know about, unless the use of deadly force is OK, and then they will just pop you with a shotgun or a Ford.

B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is more sane? The calm collective response by law enforcement in the video not exacerbating the problem and pushing the speeds up higher or the typical Texas response you mentioned involving AR-15's, shotguns and spike strips in response to a traffic violation?
Texas brought us Waco. Congratulations.

Which country would you rather live in? the United States or Texas?
Rhetorical question: How would you feel about the police if this asshat drove into the side of a car containing your family, while the cops calmly, collectively putted along behind like good boys and girls ought to do?

Sorry, but in this case I'd vote for Texas justice. Just FYI, I'm not a cop, and I've gotten my share of speeding tickets (never for triple digits, however). This guy is taking some pretty wild risks, the kind that can't be overcome with good brakes.

the FBI and ATF brought us "Waco". Texas (the local cops and sheriff) had talked to them a week or so before and offered that the feds could have "talked" to the prime any day of the week as they would facilitate it and the prime was known to come into town frequently. the feds tried to do a big event/show-of-force at budget time and it backfired on them.

Bullshit. The cop would be fully aware of his own video recorder. He had numerous opportunities to T-bone the speeder's back end down, for example when stopped for the bus in the left turn. With all the third camera passing shots that had to be set up with separate cameramen? Then letting this type of arrest go, despite knowing about the bike's video system? Then the consequences of maybe not just having the front wheel come up momentarily, but keeping it up like this guy did. The guy's sargeant and half the city would be watching to see how he acted and he knows it. Give me a break. I think the "cop" was a fake and in on this.

Bob

the FBI and ATF brought us "Waco". Texas (the local cops and sheriff) had talked to them a week or so before and offered that the feds could have "talked" to the prime any day of the week as they would facilitate it and the prime was known to come into town frequently. the feds tried to do a big event/show-of-force at budget time and it backfired on them.
Actually, my son who is an FBI agent, has a slightly different take on Waco. The instigator of Waco (other than the cult/cult leaders) was the federal ATF people. There were apparently violations of federal gun laws, etc. However, instead of just staking out the leaders and apprehending them on their frequent forays into civilization, the ATF had to plan an elaborate "assault" on their residence/fortress. This assault became known to the perps and this info was relayed, by an informant, to the ATF agents prior to their beginning the assault. (Lost the element of surprise.) The damage/death of ATF agents as a result of being shot by .50 cal sniper rifle was another significant violation of federal law!. At this point the FBI was called in and handed the mess. They tried to "wait out the perps" but there was significant "political" pressure to "do something" As an aside, Janet Reno was the AG and in charge. The scheme to "gas" them out was reminiscent of the attempted rescue of the Iran hostages.

Like my son says, we know were doing our job if the left wing nuts and the right wing nuts both complain we (FBI) are persecuting them.

JMHO, I am, however, a fervent believer in the second amendment!... If packing is good enough for the FBI, it is good enough for me! :yahoo:

LC

Regarding the chase video, I can only say that:

I love happy endings.

:)

IRBR

He is my Idol :clapping:
Rock ON!! two points for the blue team :fans:

Also i totally agree spike stripping a motorcycle is manslaughter so unless your a wanted murderer or your name is osama bin laden, in the united states that would be totally unethical, some municipalities are even placing strict laws that force police to disengage prusuit if speeds get too high or traffic is too heavy

Drill Instructor: Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you sd?

Cowboy: Sir! No Sir!

Drill Instructor: Are you a peter puffer?

Cowboy: Sir! No Sir!

Drill Instructor: I'll bet you're the kinda guy that would fk a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.

Bullshit. The cop would be fully aware of his own video recorder. He had numerous opportunities to T-bone the speeder's back end down, for example when stopped for the bus in the left turn. With all the third camera passing shots that had to be set up with separate cameramen? Then letting this type of arrest go, despite knowing about the bike's video system? Then the consequences of maybe not just having the front wheel come up momentarily, but keeping it up like this guy did. The guy's sargeant and half the city would be watching to see how he acted and he knows it. Give me a break. I think the "cop" was a fake and in on this.

Bob
..... the subject of this thread is some "Ghostrider" vids... those who don't know... "Ghostrider" is ONE specific or maybe multiple riders through out the years (theres been many rumors on the subject) that make these videos of police chases and other high speed shinanagens in europe while taking quality video that they then sell in DVD form...and have earned a very large fan base..... the vid I posted about the role reversal was "Ghostrider" posing as a motorcycle officer chasing some unsuspecting victom... could be completely setup or just good groundwork on their video crew...the only ones that really know are the ones that make the vids and they are very secretive to say the least and rightfully so...lol...anyway you look at them they are entertaining to say the least

Bob
Checks,

the dude on the cop bike was Gost Rider.

I agree with those voting to spike strip this guy. I'm sure he is real skilled; bottom line, at those speeds, one swirving car and he is a cannon ball through the back window. Who cares about this guys life, what about the people around him. What he does takes balls, not brains.