Motorcycle stores?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr._Gone

Reaction score
I am planning a tour of the Rocky Mountains in a month and a half, and I am looking for some great motorcycle shops where I can browse gear, try it on, probably buy more than a few things. I will be passing through Colorado (Pueblo, Montrose, Gunnison, Grand Junction), and Wyoming (Rock Springs, Jackson, Yellowstone, Cody) and Montana (Billings). I will be riding toward home through the Badlands. There is also a chance I will be visiting Salt Lake City, Utah. I try to avoid big cities on my trips because, well, what the heck is there to see in big cities?!

If anyone knows of a great motorcycle store, please let me know. I always like to try on new gear before I buy, and I'd rather buy from local retailers where I ride than take my chances ordering from an internet company (although, to be fair, I have had good luck with motorcycle-superstore, twisted throttle, sporttour.com, and revzilla.) Plus, visiting local stores helps me meet local riders, who know the best roads and the best restaurants!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, any ideas?

There's really nothing in Pueblo, but on your way to Montrose/Gunnison, you might want to swing by Fremont Motorsports in Florence, CO. They're not a huge shop, and I think a lot of their riding gear is catered more toward the pirate crowd along with some of the regular stuff, but they're a bunch of good guys and usually have a nice selection of various used bikes that can be fun to look at and sit on.

Grand Junction Harley/BMW had some selection last year when we went by. I got to finally try on the right size jacket there and would have bought it if they had the right color. Get a t-shirt!

I think you'll find the biggest stores in the big cities, unfortunately. Let's face it, they're the only ones with a big enough customer base to be able to stock lots of merchandise. Most of the small-town dealers that I've been to have been struggling just to keep their doors open, let alone compete on price/selection with the likes of Revzilla, MC Superstore, etc. Around where I live, it's Pirates 10 to 1, so unless I want black leather & skulls, I'm S.O.L. It's the world we live in... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I don't mind shopping at the "pirate" stores. Most of the time, the guys are pretty decent guys. And I gotta say, some of these Harley-Davidson riders do know how to cruise long-distance, and they know what gear works and what doesn't.

I think Motogearoutlet is in Colorado Springs. They have good stuff, great service, and their prices are very competitive. Mary there is awesome.

I think Motogearoutlet is in Colorado Springs. They have good stuff, great service, and their prices are very competitive. Mary there is awesome.
HotRodzilla, I looked up Motogearoutlet and found one in a Denver suburb. If I end up riding near/through the Denver area, I will stop in. Otherwise, I prefer to avoid big cities. I like riding through the empty spaces.

There's really nothing in Pueblo, but on your way to Montrose/Gunnison, you might want to swing by Fremont Motorsports in Florence, CO. They're not a huge shop, and I think a lot of their riding gear is catered more toward the pirate crowd along with some of the regular stuff, but they're a bunch of good guys and usually have a nice selection of various used bikes that can be fun to look at and sit on.
Yes, I'm replying to myself.

BwanaDik had the, err, opportunity to experience the service at Fremont Motorsports (he vastly underestimated the remaining life of his rear tire while at SW-FOG). He said they were great to him, got out the door for less than $200 installed!!

Yes, I'm replying to myself.

BwanaDik had the, err, opportunity to experience the service at Fremont Motorsports (he vastly underestimated the remaining life of his rear tire while at SW-FOG). He said they were great to him, got out the door for less than $200 installed!!
I'm going to be riding within five miles of these guys, so I might just stop in and say I've heard good things, and see if I can't separate myself from some of my money. I appreciate the update!!!