Mount for Tomtom ? Ideas ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on a neat way to mount a Tomtom rider on an 05? Is there a techmount (?) I have seen it mentioned on here. I am in the UK and we have only just got electric lights and carpets here so don't have stuff like this. Pointers please, thanks.

It's common on the FJR to slice the issue of GPS mounts on the FJR into two categories. The part the attaches to the bike and tends to go a universal mount and the cradle that holds the GPS and goes to a mount from the other end.

I've fiddled with various mounts and I like the combination of a stem stand because it is the most resistant location on the bike for vibration. As for cradles it's very hard to go wrong with the Touratech Mounts.

...trouble is that I don't see the TomTom in Touratech's collection.

Second best may be a RAM Mount for the TomTom.

QUOTE (feejer222 @ Feb 23 2007, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can anyone advise on a neat way to mount a Tomtom rider on an 05? Is there a techmount (?) I have seen it mentioned on here. I am in the UK and we have only just got electric lights and carpets here so don't have stuff like this. Pointers please, thanks.

I made my own for the Tomtom Rider on my '06.

1_DSCF5280.JPG

I'm sure you could do something similar for the '05, here's how I did it (starts with my Trophy mount, ends with the FJR)

And I'm in the UK, so only have mud flooring.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made my own for the Tomtom Rider on my '06.

1_DSCF5280.JPG

I'm sure you could do something similar for the '05, here's how I did it (starts with my Trophy mount, ends with the FJR)

And I'm in the UK, so only have mud flooring.
Thats the best I've seen Mactrophy. Thanks for that. It will be more fun making the bracket that bolting on a bought one.

Thanks to both, never fails to come up with the goods this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a link for the Touratech system for the Tom Tom Rider. They have the non locking / locking and the MVG mounts available.

Expensive, but they sure do look good.

--G