Mount Hamilton Ride 4-23-11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'know that I'm in. :yahoo:

Filled the gas tank on the way home, after a stop at CycleGear.

Lunch "where ever" is fine with me. I'll probably pack some trail mix and a couple of Cliff bars, anyway.

I don't think Barb is going to make this trip. :(

You have a good ride Guys :) Me and Deb rode pretty much the same route as you'll be on back in 20 ..?? Was right before we got the OEM suspension replaced :rolleyes: Some hairy tight cornering there :eek: , I remember dragging pegs most of the way up from the west side. And yeah !! watch out for the idiot "rice rocketeers", there were 2 that raced past and around us on one of the corners :eek: :eek: . Don't know who was more scared, me or Deb :unsure:

Well I'm still in and will see the group at the chevron in Antioch.

Note: Being that I ride the river everyday to and from work I have noticed lots of LEO's along the route handing out performance awards this week. Many more than I have seen over the last two years, CHP, Sheriff and the local Isleton PD. Just FYI........

Plan for kick stands Up in Laguna at 9:00 AM. Leaving Lone Tree in Antioch at 10:00 AM.
I'm not planning to do this ride wit chall, but I would like to say howdy-do in Antioch, even if it means getting up and out the door at the crack o'dawn. :(

However, it looks like if you're leaving at 9, and it's an hour to Antioch, and you're leaving Antioch at 10, then it's just a touch & go with no time to take helmets off let alone exchange any ghey jokes at OM's expense.... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Plan for Kickstands Up in Laguna at 9:00 AM. Leaving Lone Tree in Antioch at 10:00 AM.

If anyone want the Garmin route file send a PM with your email. Otherwise, the route is shown here on Google Maps.

Still looking for a lunch spot if anyone has ideas. We will be passing by Country Club Villa shopping center at about noon.
Mount Hamilton is in my back yard. I think I can make this one. Where and when in Livermore?

smile.gif

Brodie

Well I'm still in and will see the group at the chevron in Antioch.

Note: Being that I ride the river everyday to and from work I have noticed lots of LEO's along the route handing out performance awards this week. Many more than I have seen over the last two years, CHP, Sheriff and the local Isleton PD. Just FYI........
Must be trying to fund their OT paychecks :)

Plan for Kickstands Up in Laguna at 9:00 AM. Leaving Lone Tree in Antioch at 10:00 AM.

If anyone want the Garmin route file send a PM with your email. Otherwise, the route is shown here on Google Maps.

Still looking for a lunch spot if anyone has ideas. We will be passing by Country Club Villa shopping center at about noon.
How about a stop at the Junction? Its a bit of a dive at the junction of San Antonio Valley Road and Del Puerto Canyon Road. The menus not huge, but prices aren't too bad and there's guaranteed to be quite a few other riders out there to chat with.

Mount Hamilton is in my back yard. I think I can make this one. Where and when in Livermore?

smile.gif

Brodie
I'm in Pleasanton and was thinking of waiting in ambush somewhere along their route of N. Livermore to Railroad to Stanley. There's a Starbucks on the corner of N. Livermore and Portola that might be OK.

Plan for kick stands Up in Laguna at 9:00 AM. Leaving Lone Tree in Antioch at 10:00 AM.
I'm not planning to do this ride wit chall, but I would like to say howdy-do in Antioch, even if it means getting up and out the door at the crack o'dawn. :(

However, it looks like if you're leaving at 9, and it's an hour to Antioch, and you're leaving Antioch at 10, then it's just a touch & go with no time to take helmets off let alone exchange any ghey jokes at OM's expense.... :huh:
Hans the schedule is just a starting point to make the meetup a little more predictable. I think this will be less like a group ride, than a potluck that meets up at point along the way. I wouldn't look at it as a rigid schedule. Everyone is welcome to move at a comfortable pace, and take some pictures, or race us to the next stop. If you have never been on Morgan Territory, you do need to do that.

smile.gif

Brodie
I will stick to the planned route through Livermore. No stop is actually planned, but it's a sure bet you can spot this many blue bikes moving along, especially if you stake out Calavaras Road. My cell # is 916-939-4444. Give me a call and I'll tell you where we are as soon as I get to where I can field a call.

What a ride!! Thanks so much Tom for putting this together and many thanks to the Bay area FJR friends for showing us some great roads and their great company!

Thanks Mike for sweeping most of the time!

Pleasure to see and ride with y'all!
clapping.gif

Great ride, and it was helpful to have the locals show us the way to crank turns along Calavaras, Mt. Hamilton and Mines. Fantastic ride with a great crew. I'm looking forward to the ride reports.

Sam, Your new lights looked great. I had a HID burn out on the trip, and maybe I should bite the bullet and do it right now.

Yep...great ride!!! What fun roads that I will HAVE to ride again. Soon. And maybe again after the first again. :yahoo:

Seeing old friends and making new ones: Priceless.

I'm going to upload the pics fromt he cameras now. Probably start or ad to the report tomorrow.