mount LEDs from ADVmonster on fender bolt?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric L

Not that kind of a doctor
Reaction score
Just got my LED lights as described at advmonster. I am trying to mount them low - the bolt on the front of the fender is attached to a very stout part of the fork - can i mount the lights to this bolt? Will it hurt the fender? What is the option> The reflector bolt is much lower and I wasnt planning on mounting them up by the mirror.

Quite fine to mount them there.... robust and the fender is sandwiched tightly... I put a bit of two-way tape on my mount so the lights wouldn't rotate if the screw came loose.... BTW, mine did back out... use loctite sparingly, and let it dry on the thread of the screw. DO NOT get loctite on the plastic as it degrades it.

PS - can you post a linky to your lights, I'm looking for some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite fine to mount them there.... robust and the fender is sandwiched tightly... I put a bit of two-way tape on my mount so the lights wouldn't rotate if the screw came loose.... BTW, mine did back out... use loctite sparingly, and let it dry on the thread of the screw. DO NOT get loctite on the plastic as it degrades it.

PS - can you post a linky to your lights, I'm looking for some.

these - https://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-2/24-watt-LED-off/Detail.bok

cant say yay or nay as they are sitting in a box.

Just got my LED lights as described at advmonster. I am trying to mount them low - the bolt on the front of the fender is attached to a very stout part of the fork - can i mount the lights to this bolt? Will it hurt the fender? What is the option> The reflector bolt is much lower and I wasnt planning on mounting them up by the mirror.
No problem at all mounting these LED lights using the fender bolt, I've had the PIAA aux lights and now these LED lights on there for over 90k miles. This location is pretty good for making the lights illuminate the tight turns at night and the lights should survive a tip-over.

Btw, these LED aux lights are great, very good price, reasonably well made and put out a crapload of lumens. They are especially useful once you add a dimmer switch and a relay circuit to enable them to go straight on to full power with the Hi Beam, info here on ADVRider

IMG_0803.jpg

I added a dimmer switch to the circuit, the control knob is mounted here:

IMG_0805.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
boy you have a lot of knobs installed there

No problem at all mounting these LED lights using the fender bolt, I've had the PIAA aux lights and now these LED lights on there for over 90k miles. This location is pretty good for making the lights illuminate the tight turns at night and the lights should survive a tip-over.

Btw, these LED aux lights are great, very good price, reasonably well made and put out a crapload of lumens. They are especially useful once you add a dimmer switch and a relay circuit to enable them to go straight on to full power with the Hi Beam, info here on ADVRider

IMG_0803.jpg

I added a dimmer switch to the circuit, the control knob is mounted here:

IMG_0805.jpg

I have started looking at these same lights. My thought is that I'll mount a pair of 10w on the front fender that I'll keep on most of the time for increased visibility. Then I'll add a pair of 24w under the mirrors that I can use for those late night back road situations or when someone cuts me off. :) I'll control them with a 3 position switch. Total investment for 4 lights is under $275. Not bad.

I have started looking at these same lights. My thought is that I'll mount a pair of 10w on the front fender that I'll keep on most of the time for increased visibility. Then I'll add a pair of 24w under the mirrors that I can use for those late night back road situations or when someone cuts me off. :) I'll control them with a 3 position switch. Total investment for 4 lights is under $275. Not bad.
So far I have nothing but good things to say about these lights, especially given the price.

As far as the 10W (I assume you're talking about the spots) I would advise reading some of the things people on ADVRider have to say about them. Basically, the floods are a better deal, and if you get the ones with the built-in dimmer circuit you can simply run the second set at what would be equivalent to the spots or even weaker if you so desire...

with the floods on low, they are a very visible daytime light. At night, on high, I can NOT see my low beams at all. With high beams on, the leds fill in the space nicely between the bike and the high beams. I like them!