Mounting a zumo 550

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered my zumo 550. Has nyone installed it with the delivered hardware, or is everyone using a stem mount?
I use a combination of the Touratech ZUMO handlebar mounting and the Touratech FJR1300 bracket adapter. These are easy to install and work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those dashes are just weird.

If I wanted a dashboard, I'd drive a car... ;)

+1 for using a stem mount, the ones I've seen look pretty clean. I'm hoping that next riding season I'll be able to afford picking up a GPS.

Those dashes are just weird.
If I wanted a dashboard, I'd drive a car... ;)
Ouch, dang, and I really thought I had a cool looking motorcycle. Guess I'll just put the "wanna be a car" thing up for sale. :cray:

I know, to each his own, but for me, driving 32k in 2 years, the need for a place to put things like the zumo, satellite antennae, voltmeter, eztag tollway signal, radar detector and smart tire control looked better on that dash than spread out everywhere else. Looks like there's a zumo mount now for the dash.

git-r-dan :beach:

Ahhh, don't listen to the new guy, Dan. Your dash looks fine. Looks like a guy that covers lots'a miles on his bike, not just another weekend tiddler.

OTOH, those bling bling, blue glow leds have me worried abot ya' :unsure: :rolleyes: :unsure:

But what the hell, if you like em... Rock On! :punk: