Mounting a Zumo on the N-Line Dash

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMD

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Garmin Zumo GPS mounted on a the N/Line Dash? I think I spotted one at WFO in Park City but didn't pay it much attention (wish I would have now).

If so, please share what you used to mount the thing? I'm looking into purchasing a Zumo and I'd like to put it on the shelf. A little help please? Photos?

I have a 2720 mounted on an ECM shelf and I was at WFO. I used the Garmin motorcycle mount and attached it to a tech-mount that I had laying around. The tech-mount is the type made for the left handlebar so I just put in through the shelf and put a nylock nut under it. If I hadn't had the tech-mount I would have just bend a piece of aluminum into an L for a mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Nline.

It is just a solid plate. get the zumo mounting bracket and drill the plate where you want it. I mounted my 2820 in the Garmin bracket in the middle

Gunny, get a round Ram Ball with the bolt only and mount that to your dash thingy. Then, mount the round RM plate to the back of the MC mount and use the short arm. That's the best I can come up with outside of making an angled bracket on which to bolt the mount to.

Ram Tilt N Turn? Click

Glare shield mount? Clicky

Marine mounts (tee-hee) Link

A bazillion mount parts? Linkage

I used the mount that was sent with the dash... I ended up aligning the bottom two bolt holes of the Zumo Motorcycle mount with the top two bolt holes of the supplied dash mount and then aligning the thing on the dash and drilling the three holes. I don't have pictures but if you need some I can try to take some later today and post.

I love the Zumo on the dash because it is at a level where I can see it with out taking my eyes off the road. The down side is that it covers the already small turn signal indicators on the dash. I am still trying to work with this problem.

CaryB