Mounting Garmin 2610 on Tech Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benneyb

Reaction score
Stupid Question Time - Using the Tech Mount for my Garmin 2610, what is the correct/best option for attaching the GPS to the Tech Mount? The Garmin mounting bracket, or some other?

Thanks in advance.

If you use the Garmin mount you will have to drill 4 holes into the Techmount. Garmin supply a template (or at least in the UK they do).

Techmount can also supply an adaptor to fit betwen the mount and Garmin cradle.

I have the Touratech locking mount for mine and have it on a StemStand. I had to drill new holes in the Stemstand plate and disassemble the Touratech mount to fasten it, the reassemble in place. It works fine, just takes a little patience.

I am using the Garmin motorcycle mount on a Techmount and I have not drilled any holes. Techmount offers small rubber grommets with an inner threaded sleeve. These are placed in the 4 larger diameter holes that line up with the mount. (The same holes are used for a XM Roady mount and various others) When the bolt begins to tighten, it compresses the rubber grommet and these expand to provide a tight fit in the holes. This design is intended to provide a rubber mount to help reduce vibration.

Techmount says they have changed the top plate for the Stem Mount - that may be why some have had to drill new holes.

Another question for you guys - how are you hooked up electronically? Are you piping the Garmin audio into your intercom system?

I am picking up my bike, an '05 FJR next week, and am hoping to use the Powerlet that is already installed in the front for power - not sure how to tie in the audio to the Autocom I have waiting for this though.

I'm not wired for sound...I use the time on the bike to get away from radio, TV, telephone, company nextel, etc. The only "song" I need is a 1300cc Yamaha IL 4 cyl engine. :D

IIRC, it takes a specific cord to plug the Garmin into the Autocom. You might want to check where you purchased the Autocom (or Garmin).