Mounting Givi SR346?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueMoto

Reaction score
I have been trying to decide what Topcase and how to mount it on my 05 FJR for several months. After reading all the GIVI post I finally decided to go with the V46 and the Givi SR346 mount. The instructions for attaching the SR346 are pretty poor. I have only looked at the attachment points on the FRJ and it looks like several of the reusable bolts have nuts that are under other parts and may fall when the bolts are loosened. Do any of you know if the nuts are tacked in place or do I need to be concerned with them falling into the bowels of the bike? Any other gotya's will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Blue,

Its been a while since I mounted mine, but I don't remember having any difficulty. I do remember that the instructions are lacking but once you start the process it all kinda falls in place. I believe all the fastener attachments you make on the bike are to threaded holes. There are no nuts to fall into the bowels. Take your time and you should be OK.

Blue,
Its been a while since I mounted mine, but I don't remember having any difficulty. I do remember that the instructions are lacking but once you start the process it all kinda falls in place. I believe all the fastener attachments you make on the bike are to threaded holes. There are no nuts to fall into the bowels. Take your time and you should be OK.
Thanks, I have studied the "less that adequate" instructions and about have all the items figured out. I am going to try to get the rack painted before I install it. I am not much at painting, so I am trying to find a local painter who will do it for a decent price.

Thanks again,

Bob

Blue,
do you reuse all the oem fasteners or are there some that came in a "bag 'o' bolts" with the sr346?

Latest posts