Mounting Givi top case using SR357 *and* Garauld Stiffy Kit?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not an overly brand loyal person, but I think Givi has my motorcycle luggage business for the indefinite future.
If you ever get the chance to talk to them on the phone....

They'll completely change your mind.
I guess this is like the whole seat thing. One guy loves them, one guy hates them.

I called the Givi North Carolina distributor for this country (the other is in Nevada I think) and talked to two very nice, very knowledgeable people. I NEEDED to know about color matching the cover of the V46 to the Candy Red of the '14. The gentleman I spoke to knew exactly what I needed and answered me honestly. He told me that their gloss red matched the Honda ST1300 of '08 and '09 but the difference was in the color of the metallic particles. The Honda used gold colored metallic while Yamaha used silver. He assured me that a side by side comparison would show a difference but that most folks would never be able to see it with the separation of the top box. He was right. Fred W immediately used that info to order his and I later bought one as an ill fated gift to a friend.

I have no doubt that the Garauld product is first rate. I would buy one without question if I were just using a luggage rack or a backrest. I am not sure you need one with the SR357. On the other hand, what could it hurt? Stronger is better and we know Garauld makes strong stuff.

You talked to someone who had something to sell. Entirely different from trying to get support. The guy on the phone treated me like I was an intrusion to his day.

Which is why I have a Shad...who wasn't much better on the same front. I have the 357 because nothing on the market touches it, and I'll likely shop Givi in the future, but I'll do it knowing if I need support to not expect much.

Last edited by a moderator:
You talked to someone who had something to sell. Entirely different from trying to get support. The guy on the phone treated me like I was an intrusion to his day.
Which is why I have a Shad...who wasn't much better on the same front. I have the 357 because nothing on the market touches it, and I'll likely shop Givi in the future, but I'll do it knowing if I need support to not expect much.
This is the complete opposite to my experience (in the UK). I was having a problem with the locking mechanism on my Givi E-55. Spoke to a Givi rep who was very helpful and sent some parts at no cost to me which solved my problems YMMV....

I may have to look up the UK line next time.
biggrin.png