Mounting Heat Troller

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txvoyager

Reaction score
For those of you with a Mounted Heat Troller, where did you mount the controls? I just installed them (pic below) but am interested in what others did.

Heat+Troller.jpg

That looks great except you need to use the throttle hand to reach down for adjustments. I have the wireless stuck on some Velcro on the left brake cylinder. I do like the looks of that built-in control.

Left panel by the glove box. The other knob is a remote volume control for my Starcom.

FYI, it's not a bad idea to goop up the circuit board on these with some liquid electrical tape. I neglected to do so and one time in real heavy rain it got wet and heat was stuck on high and control knob failed to work.

7f61d881.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my heated grip heattroller mounted in the curved dash panel up and to the left of the instrument cluster, for the very reason mentioned above: You want to be able to adjust it with your left hand. The right hand needs to stay on the throttle and near the brake lever. I also had the mounted type controller malfunction when it got wet. I just gooped up the back with silicone sealer, but also added an o-ring under the control knob on the front.

For the heated gear, I have and prefer the portable controls that can be left in the lower left pocket of my winter jacket. That way, during most of the time when I won't be using heated gear I can just leave the controllers at home, or safely tucked away in the hard bags with the rest of the gear.

Since Fred mentioned it, I have my cords coming up at the front of the seat (the Heatroller unit itself is under the seat tray). When I'm using them all the time I attach 12" extension cords to these and leave them on the bike. That gives me enough length to stand on the pegs or step off the bike for fueling.

66e7b02b.jpg

except you need to use the throttle hand to reach down for adjustments.
i use my MCCruise control regularly, and I prefer making adjustments with my right,hand. This mounting option could work well on the left side as well, though...