Moving

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last but not least remember that your plastic is close to the ground and when your front wheel leaves the front of the ramp your plastic may be a dragging where it meets the truck.. (high centered).... Don't ride it up and you will have about 3" more spacing from the lowest point....

I moved my VTX several times in a U Haul. I rode it up the ramp and back down (yes the 24" thing) and was lucky to get up and down the truck without dumping the bike. I have done some bone headed things and was lucky enough to get away with them :unsure: . If you have the help push it up the ramp like all the other have pointed out. The wooden rails on the side will pull of the walls of the truck if one drives over some bumpy roads, I found this out :angry2: my self. I will not put the bike on a stand in the future since the side stand will rub through the aluminum of the floor, also found this out my self :angry: . Last put some cushioning on each side of the bike so if some other items fall they will not rub the bike, my lesson #3.

Good luck with your move.

Here are some ideas to help secure your bike in a uhaul or other container:

* Park bike in uhaul. Fill remaining space with packing peanuts.

* Carpet the floor with pics of Rosie O'Donnell. You can simply park the bike on the side stand and it won't fall over since there's nothing in the world that will want to touch those horrible images.

* Fill the back with jello from top to bottom. Then drive the bike into the jello with enough speed to make it stick in there.

* Find out what ever Donald Trump uses to spray on his hair. I guarantee you it can make your bike stick on the floor without toppling over.

* Other approved materials that can be used to cushion the bike: marshmellows, nerf balls, socks, hibernating bears (polar bears preferably), hay, water ballons, Colorado snow, beanie babies, and hot dog buns.

Or you could just pack everything else in a uhual and tow it with your bike.

Well thanks for tips all. Me and my FJR made it down in one peice and I'm begining to settle in nicely. I wish it would stop raining soon.

Well thanks for tips all. Me and my FJR made it down in one peice and I'm begining to settle in nicely. I wish it would stop raining soon.
NOW, you have 2 weeks to unpack and get settled in. Check the CA ride planning for the NorCal New Years Day ride. You'll get to meet some great local riders and learn some of our local "Gold Country" roads. :D

BTW, welcome to Sacramento! :yahoo: And we're not complaining about the weather that FINALLY got here. If it remains true to form, it'll rain for a few days then clear for a couple.