MP3 with large buttons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobstr

Reaction score
Have looked and am not having much luck finding an MP3 player with large volume buttons. Something easy to adjust while riding. Bought a pair of Shure SE215K earbuds, hoping to use with downloaded music player. Thanks for any help

I use my iPod connected Bluetooth to my Sena headset and use the Sena volume control. I can also start and stop music using the jog button on the Sena. Very convenient and great sound quality.

+1 ^^^^^ you can also use your phone for MP3's with the SENA...

You don't even have to take you phone out of your pocket...

With the volume all the way up on your phone, the jog dial gives you full control of volume after the fact, skip songs forward and back, pause - the whole nine yards all with bluetooth.

Couldn't imagine not having that capability now.

lobstr

Check out ibuyjet,com for ipod controllers. I use the iNAV Boss V2 attached to the top of the brake reservoir using heavy duty velcro. Ipod stays in pocket. Works great. Waterproof. Using the same Shure headphones but need to find more comfy foam tips for longer hauls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great feed back guys, thanks. Wasn't wanting to spend a bunch, splurged on the Shure earbuds. I'm gonna go with the iNAV Boss V2 and a 2nd gen ipod. Thanks again for all the help.

When I was searching for a mountable, 12 volt MP3 player for my new [ then] 06 it was almost impossible to find anything that matched my requirements. After endless searching I ended up with a garmin Nuvi GPS - it had everthing I was looking for and came with a GPS as a bonus.....

When I was searching for a mountable, 12 volt MP3 player for my new [ then] 06 it was almost impossible to find anything that matched my requirements. After endless searching I ended up with a garmin Nuvi GPS - it had everthing I was looking for and came with a GPS as a bonus.....
The "problem" with my nuvi 780 is that it is limited as to:

- the number of songs that can be put on the SD card, about 800 or so. My $50 Sandisk mp3 player is a 4 gb with a 16 gb micro SD. 20 gb is a lot more tunes than 800;

- it plays only mp3 format. No mp4, wma, etc.

I do like the fact tho that the nuvi plays music, stops tunes for turn directions, then resumes playing. And that the nuvi has an earbud jack so if I want audio directions I just plug in. If I feel really froggy, my nuvi is an FM transmitter and my mp3 is an FM receiver so I just find an unused frequency, quick set-up of both and do it that way.

I'm not a multi-device connections-type person. No phone (usually in saddlebag), no comms with others, no radar detector, only 1 gps, etc. I just want tunes and a [generally] silent gps. That's it. A Sena is way overkill for me. And I've yet to succumb to anything that begins with an i-.