Muffler Alignment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my bike, the rear tire is not centered between the mufflers. Or, put another way, the mufflers are not the same distance from the tire. The left muffler (the shaft drive side) is about 1" farther away from the tire than the right muffler.
Just looks strange to me. I am wondering if all FJR's are like mine.
Yep...they're all like yours from the factory...has to do with shaft side versus brake side I'm sure. I noticed it on my '04 when I first got it.

Believe me, the mufflers look really tweaked after a slide on the pavement. :)

{referencing avatar} Ummm, guys............ it's a cartoon.............

Yeah, so what? Just another hot babe I'd never have a shot at anyway...just like a Victoria Secret model. You know that Erin Essurance chic on TV with the pink hair? Yeah, I'd tap that..........................

K-dog

On my bike, the rear tire is not centered between the mufflers. Or, put another way, the mufflers are not the same distance from the tire. The left muffler (the shaft drive side) is about 1" farther away from the tire than the right muffler.
My left muffler is 1/8" farther from the tire than the right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just do what I did, make sure the kickstand is NOT completely pushed out and let the bike fall on it's left side. Pipes even-steven now.................

KM

No...your tire is 1/8" closer to the right. The pipes are perfectly aligned. Typical Jap bike wheel offset.

I must have lost one.. I only have one muffler I can see on my bike....
I think I got jipped or sumfin
Nah, it just fell off when you installed that non-authorized header. ;)

Any minute Odot is going to come in and tell us how hot Kim Possible is.... :unsure:

Then the old farts will start up with the Maryann or Ginger thread it this will shuffle off to NERPT land. :rolleyes:

{referencing avatar} Ummm, guys............ it's a cartoon.............

Apparently you've never seen the movie "Heavy Metal" (the first one...not 2000). Totally animated...shoulda been named "Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll". Don't knock big cartoon boobies. :p

Oh, and my mufflers aren't equidistant from center either.

Any minute Odot is going to come in and tell us how hot Kim Possible is.... :unsure:
Then the old farts will start up with the Maryann or Ginger thread it this will shuffle off to NERPT land. :rolleyes:
Oh man yer so outa touch! Everone knows Mrs Howell was a nympho :blink:

Man I wanted to "toss her a bone!" :lol:

:jester:

Nah....here's Odot's Hot TV Choice:

pikachu.jpg

pikachu.jpg

Ha! funny you should mention that Howie.

That sorry ass spent some time here last spring and did a few loads of Laundry.Well, when he left there was a pair of bikini briefs left here, with just that picture on em. Annddd, a hole right where the mouth is

The kids gotta sickness I tell ya :huh:

pikachu.jpg

Ha! funny you should mention that Howie.

That sorry ass spent some time here last spring and did a few loads of Laundry.Well, when he left there was a pair of bikini briefs left here, with just that picture on em. Annddd, a hole right where the mouth is

The kids gotta sickness I tell ya :huh:

Yeah...heard about it.

Found a picture, too!

(ps: Izzat yer playroom?)

abuse3.jpg

remember Murphy's Rules Of Precision:

Measure with Micrometer

Mark with Chalk

Cut With Axe

:)

Mine are dead centered, within 1/8" or less.
Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Funny definition of "dead centered" = "within 1/8" or less"

Remind me to not have you do any precision welding, cutting or drilling for me, m'kay???

:****:

I once knew a girl who's 'cans' were a little asymmetric just like your FJR's. But that didn't prevent her from getting ridden alot. Shouldn't affect riding your bike either. Oops, sorry.

Yeah...heard about it.
Found a picture, too!

(ps: Izzat yer playroom?)

abuse3.jpg
Uhhh Ray? We got a problem here.. I thought you destroyed them shots.

Dik!

On an UP note....looks like yer old lady painted the basement. Oh, that's not me in the pic.....I don't have chest hair...and I'd be wearing the "hat" backwards.

On an UP note....looks like yer old lady painted the basement. Oh, that's not me in the pic.....I don't have chest hair...and I'd be wearing the "hat" backwards.

Damn was I drunk!!! after further review I've ruled out Bearly and Mike H... Musta been me :blink: