Muffler Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
I am in need of a right side muffler for my 2003 and I have a line on a 2006 muffler. I checked with the dealer and they show different part numbers. Can anyone confirm if all years will fit.........what are the differences?

Canadian FJR

I am in need of a right side muffler for my 2003 and I have a line on a 2006 muffler. I checked with the dealer and they show different part numbers. Can anyone confirm if all years will fit.........what are the differences?

They are physically interchangeable- the difference is that the '06 has an additional catalyst in it where the '03 does not.

Canadian FJR

I'm curious if that changes the flow any? Would it cause any issues by running one Gen I and one Gen II?
Yes, you will screw up the time continuim and destroy the universe.

Yes, half the bike will get there first.

No, but one side will smell funny.

Maybe. But it is a Canadian bike so it don't mater.

But really , what the hell happened to the one that was there to start with?

KM

I'm curious if that changes the flow any? Would it cause any issues by running one Gen I and one Gen II?

Canadian FJR
Your bike will just spin in a circle due the increased volumetric disturbances because of the superior Gen1 Muffler design. I am sure most Gen1 owners will agree. ;)

Slap it on and go don't worry about it. Besides you can't drive fast in Kanukistan anyway.

Dave

.. You mean like your bike suddenly developing electrical problems and the added weight of the GenII muffler on the right side making your side stand useless?