Multiple device pairing on Bluetooth

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
Spoke with Fencer yesterday from his Interphone setup. Sounded very nice. Could not tell any noticeable difference when he transferred back to directly using the cell phone itself. He and I touched on a subject that is very near & dear to my heart, Radar Detector input.

My Zumo 550 does not have any audio input jack. I'm not sure if it can be paired to anything more than a Bluetooth cell phone input and a Bluetooth headset output. So the question is...

What's a good way to accomplish piping RD audio in a 100% Bluetooth to the helmet environment?

Is a second Bluetooth helmet adapter on the "other ear" required to be paired with the RD and BT adapter for it?

Ideas anybody?

Spoke with Fencer yesterday from his Interphone setup. Sounded very nice. Could not tell any noticeable difference when he transferred back to directly using the cell phone itself. He and I touched on a subject that is very near & dear to my heart, Radar Detector input.
My Zumo 550 does not have any audio input jack. I'm not sure if it can be paired to anything more than a Bluetooth cell phone input and a Bluetooth headset output. So the question is...

What's a good way to accomplish piping RD audio in a 100% Bluetooth to the helmet environment?

Is a second Bluetooth helmet adapter on the "other ear" required to be paired with the RD and BT adapter for it?

Ideas anybody?
Jeff,

Take a look at this, but make sure you're sitting down when you look at the $$$$!!

wayne

Wayne, after looking at that, I still dont think it is multiple input.

IE one device to recieve , phone, radar detect, intercom and GPS in one.

The interphone will do phone and gps or intercom to intercom or radar to interphone

Wayne, after looking at that, I still dont think it is multiple input.
IE one device to recieve , phone, radar detect, intercom and GPS in one.

The interphone will do phone and gps or intercom to intercom or radar to interphone
no sure, I just emailed J&M to ask. I read this as implying zumo550 (xm/mp3/nav & b/t cell) + J&M Dongle (Stereo Bluetooth® Dongle with Radar Audio Interrupt) will get all signals (music -xm/mps, nav, cell, radar) to the headset.

Pillion intercom is via cord, but for me that would only be about twice a month.

I'll let you know what J&M says about it.

I've looked at the J&M stuff briefly. Had to make an appointment for counseling afterwards. What a price tag!!!

Wire to the pillion is no good for me. Just today, my oldest daughter tried to pull me and the bike over by wrapping her leg with the headset cord and dancing away. I hate the friggin cords!

I hate to revive such an old thread, but my searches didnt come up with anything (except this). So....

HaulinAshe, did you ever solve this dilemma? This is exactly where I am at. I have a Zumo 550 and a Scala Q2. All works great with the phone/GPS but I am also considering a RD (as you all know, the hardest part of riding an FJR is keeping it somewhere close to the speed limit). If I am going to spring for a RD, I want to make sure I can run the audio through the Q2 (or other headset if I must replace it).

I don't know if its applicable or not, maybe send an email to Collett to find out (the owner is a member here). But my MicroFone 2's accept mulitple BT inputs with apparent ease.

Speaking of which, I need to do an update of my ongoing thread about them.

I am following the development of Bluetooth for bikes quite closely. So far, Camos BTS 200 and 300Camos BTS 200 and 300 looks the most promising.
Please post back after you inverstigate further ;)

I bought a set of the Camos BTS-300 units and I can tell you that these will pair to three Bluetooth devices on channel 1 and channel 2 is used for intercom duties. My only dislike is that the unit uses the HEADSET profile instead of the HANDSFREE profile. So far this unit is working fine and I hope it stays this way as the importer Benchmark Helmets as been nonresponsive to emails I have sent them??? I hope this gives you some helpful information.

I am following the development of Bluetooth for bikes quite closely. So far, Camos BTS 200 and 300Camos BTS 200 and 300 looks the most promising.

I bought a set of the Camos BTS-300 units and I can tell you that these will pair to three Bluetooth devices on channel 1 and channel 2 is used for intercom duties. My only dislike is that the unit uses the HEADSET profile instead of the HANDSFREE profile. So far this unit is working fine and I hope it stays this way as the importer Benchmark Helmets as been nonresponsive to emails I have sent them??? I hope this gives you some helpful information.
What do you lose with that difference? Please forgive my headset ignorance. I have never used one before.

What do you lose with that difference? Please forgive my headset ignorance. I have never used one before.
You lose the ability to place calls directly from the headset. You can redial the last number you called and you can accept calls and reject calls but that’s about it. This shortcoming only affects the cell phone utilization. To bad that IMC Motorcom didn't install the latest capabilities in their new unit. :angry2: