Murph's Great Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbelleville

Reaction score
Everyone on the Connie forums raves about these grips from Murph. I have a pair left over from the old Connie. I have factory heated grips on the FJR. I have searched the forum but don't see any mention of them. Just seems odd, since there is a lot of crossover from the Connie forums to this one. Anyone tried these on the FJR... they look like a perfect swap.

Pro Grip 714.

Have them on both the FJR and the KLR. Love them so much that I bought a pair for my brother for his birthday and put them on his bike this summer. His hands hurt him quite a bit these days, and he loves them too now.

Shane

Well i'll be sheep dipped! Those are the grips that I have on my bike. They came on it. Now I know what type of grips they are.

Everyone on the Connie forums raves about these grips from Murph. I have a pair left over from the old Connie. I have factory heated grips on the FJR. I have searched the forum but don't see any mention of them. Just seems odd, since there is a lot of crossover from the Connie forums to this one. Anyone tried these on the FJR... they look like a perfect swap.
So you have been over to the Dark overlords lair! Shame Shame! Only a Feejer master can enter into the relm of the darkside. :D

Thanks for the link. My spong grips have been loosening up lately and I will be looking for a replacement next season. Something new to try out.

Dave

I've been using Pro Grip 721's :

https://www.kneedraggers.com/product/623963/ProGrip-Gel-Duo-Density-Model-721

I like them because they are soft , a bit tacky even with wet gloves, and aren't too fat. ( tried the grip puppy thing and not a fan)

Never noticed any annoying buzz at the bars... So not sure if it's just my bike or the grips.... But I've tried lots of grips over the past few decades and like these the best. YMMV

They look nice. Are they the same length as the stock FJR grips or do you have to do some moving things around like the BMW grips?

FJR_Mikey they look to be almost the exact same size... if anything maybe 1/16th shorter. The ends are solid, but that is easy enough to fix!