music for feejeer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why bother when you can have XM or Sirius with a small nearly weightless unit . . .Almost zero road noise with earbuds & great stations that don't dissapear while traveling.
I'm looking for some form of quick disconnect for my earbuds do you have a set? Right now when I get off bike I cannot move until I take the helmet off and earbuds because of wires.

I'm trying to find a quick disconnect so I can step away from bike.

Dave

Easy. Go to Radio Shack for ideas. For example, pick up a splitter (2 earphones form one MP3/Ipod) or even an inline amplifier like a Boostaroo. Either would give you a jack to unplug.

Something like this?
Dsc04389-1.jpg

The ear bud connects to the extension (female end) just outside the seat. The male end plugs into my AutoCom. EZ disconnect without removing buds. I removed the "cap" that I keep over the end when not in use.

Where?

As Checkswrecks says, Radio Shack is your friend.

Dsc04388.jpg

Dsc04387.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of adding a Starcom1 just not sure if I would get my money out of it.
Here's the critical question: Do you ride two up and need/want a good intercom with your passenger?

If not, then there are many other, far less expensive solutions out there for just piping tunes, GPS and even bike to bike radio into your helmet or earbuds. But if you want a full duplex intercom along with some or all of those other features, you need either a Starcom1 or Autocom box to integrate all of that seamlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Random thought I had the other day. Pull the lids off a spare set of hard bags and turn them into high wattage speaker cabinets. Small generator in a top rack with an MP3 player full of Scottish martial music.

Bumper sticker - "Loud pipes save lives"

Shortly after that idea cropped up I decided that I was tired and needed to stop for the day.

Why bother when you can have XM or Sirius with a small nearly weightless unit . . .Almost zero road noise with earbuds & great stations that don't dissapear while traveling.
I'm looking for some form of quick disconnect for my earbuds do you have a set? Right now when I get off bike I cannot move until I take the helmet off and earbuds because of wires.

I'm trying to find a quick disconnect so I can step away from bike.

Dave

I'm using a J&M CB. Has input for mp3, XM, etc. with noise canceling ear buds. What is everybody using for a power source? I get an awful lot of ignition noise.

I mounted a car stereo cd player in my tank bag . It has an internal mp-3 player that uses the sd card for memory .It has an aux. input for use with external music devices and a wireless remote also . I have a set of sony noise canceling head phones mounted in my helmet . I have the thing wired in with quick disconects , and 1/8 headphone jacks from radio shack. I have a flexable antena hidden behind the front faring .

I mounted a car stereo cd player in my tank bag . It has an internal mp-3 player that uses the sd card for memory .It has an aux. input for use with external music devices and a wireless remote also . I have a set of sony noise canceling head phones mounted in my helmet . I have the thing wired in with quick disconects , and 1/8 headphone jacks from radio shack. I have a flexable antena hidden behind the front faring .
Pitchers... We NEED pitchers!!

I have a Powerlet plug going into my tank bag that contains my xm radio. A three way adapter plug that takes feeds from Xm radio, gps, cb or mp3. A single cord goes to my Chatterbox reciever on my helmet. Although I have mentioned a mp3 I rarely use it since adding the xmradio. When I feel the need to remove the tank bag, I just unplug the powerlet plug, and remove the gps from its' cradle and take it with me. . Since my gps has bluetooth, it tells me who is calling and gives me the option of taking the call. I never do this while on the bike. But rather, pull off when it is safe and return the call. The mic/speaker system inside the helmet enables me to send and recieve calls without even touching the phone as the numbers are stored on the gps. This system works well for me