music !!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorkler

Ave U !!!!
Reaction score
after my 30 days trail offer from napstar . guess what all the music i downloaded onto the mp3 players does not play if i dont pay 14.99 every 30 days . yea i sohuld of looked at the fine print . Need a good site to full up the player . i tryed kazza and morphus which suck . post em up peps ........... thanks

I use the till now revolutionary concept of buying the music I listen to, or I listen to the radio. Over the top, I know, call me old fashioned. :p

I get free XM radio online with my monthly subscription. It's rippin!

+1 on the XM. Those long, super-slab rides we all get stuck on from time to time become more than bearable with an XM to listen to. Pair it with a good radar detector (I use a V-1), and you're good to go.

I use Limewire. I also run a P2P firewall anytime I'm running Limewire, it blocks known addresses, i.e., government, recording industry, etc. Never had a problem, works great. Just use the free versions of both programs. When you install the programs the default settings will have both programs booting up every time you start the computer. You don't want that. Only run them when you're downloading. Also never store anything on the Limewire program or the shared file it sets up on your hard drive. You don't want to be one of the recording industry's examples. ;)

Evil...Doesn't Limeware also load some backdoor software that tracks your habits and other nasty things. I have read some terrible things about it.
I'm sure all the file sharing software does. That's why I run the firewall and take all the other precautions I mentioned. One thing I found suspicious with Limewire is that it's hard to turn off. You think you've turned it off but it's actually still running. That might be some of that backdoor cuz if it's running, you're being tracked especially if you're not running a good P2P type firewall. If I worried about all the programs out there trying to spy on me I'd never get on the internet at all. Seems like everybody's trying. I've read the same kind of thing about Windows operating systems. Just run a good anti virus/spy program and take what other precautions you can is all you can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a thought.

Rip your own mp3s. For stuff not already in my collection I buy it, unless I find it in a friends collection. Then we arrange a mutual backup protection scheme wherein I keep copies of the friends data (music) and the friend keeps copies of mine. We own the right to a copy of the music and have the right to protect that copy. We are not sharing the music, oh no, that would be illegal. Though we do swap music often, just the same as if we borrowed each others CD's.

I use a free program called CDEX that does a great job of ripping at high quality. Better mp3s than you can download for sure.

CDex

No digital rights management problems.

PM me if you want or need help with it.

Hey Evil;

care to post a url for p2p firewall? i did a google and came up with just about everything but the program itself.

thanks

-=SF=-

I use Limewire. I also run a P2P firewall anytime I'm running Limewire, it blocks known addresses, i.e., government, recording industry, etc. Never had a problem, works great. Just use the free versions of both programs. When you install the programs the default settings will have both programs booting up every time you start the computer. You don't want that. Only run them when you're downloading. Also never store anything on the Limewire program or the shared file it sets up on your hard drive. You don't want to be one of the recording industry's examples. ;)

Hey Evil;care to post a url for p2p firewall? i did a google and came up with just about everything but the program itself.

thanks

-=SF=-
PeerGuardian2

I have the security settings on this firewall at max. That's one reason I only run it when I'm running Limewire. It blocks most websites and won't let them load.

what about those of you that can't ride & listen to music @ the same time....let alone chew gum :dribble:

Here's a thought. Rip your own mp3s. For stuff not already in my collection I buy it, unless I find it in a friends collection. Then we arrange a mutual backup protection scheme wherein I keep copies of the friends data (music) and the friend keeps copies of mine. We own the right to a copy of the music and have the right to protect that copy. We are not sharing the music, oh no, that would be illegal. Though we do swap music often, just the same as if we borrowed each others CD's.

I use a free program called CDEX that does a great job of ripping at high quality. Better mp3s than you can download for sure.

CDex

For anybody running Windows, Media Player does a great job of ripping, and if your player supports it, WMAs are smaller and sound better than MP3s, though it can be a greater drain on your batteries.

As for popping the CDs in, it's just a matter of time. Don't know if you're up on Sony installed a rootkit when their music CDs were placed in drives. Ended up opening major security holes in people's system, and there was no way to remove it. They're definitely trying to stop people from putting music on their players...

Here's a thought.

Rip your own mp3s. For stuff not already in my collection I buy it, unless I find it in a friends collection. Then we arrange a mutual backup protection scheme wherein I keep copies of the friends data (music) and the friend keeps copies of mine. We own the right to a copy of the music and have the right to protect that copy. We are not sharing the music, oh no, that would be illegal. Though we do swap music often, just the same as if we borrowed each others CD's.

CDex

For anybody running Windows, Media Player does a great job of ripping, and if your player supports it, WMAs are smaller and sound better than MP3s, though it can be a greater drain on your batteries.

As for popping the CDs in, it's just a matter of time. Don't know if you're up on Sony installed a rootkit when their music CDs were placed in drives. Ended up opening major security holes in people's system, and there was no way to remove it. They're definitely trying to stop people from putting music on their players...
Beware...if you rip using Windows Media Player those files will be "associated" to the machine on which they were ripped. You'll not be able to play those on another machine.

I have about 300 CDs in my library. I made MP3's from the lot and they all store on my 20Gb player with nearly have the space left over. Works great!

Alternately, I listen to my Sirius receiver. In fact, since getting it, I use it more than the MP3 player.

BTW: I used Win Media Player and they play fine in my MP3 player and also backed up to CDR (to keep the originals from getting scratched). You just have to make sure the proper options are DEselected in media player.