music !!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have about 300 CDs in my library. I made MP3's from the lot and they all store on my 20Gb player with nearly have the space left over. Works great!
Alternately, I listen to my Sirius receiver. In fact, since getting it, I use it more than the MP3 player.

BTW: I used Win Media Player and they play fine in my MP3 player and also backed up to CDR (to keep the originals from getting scratched). You just have to make sure the proper options are DEselected in media player.
+1

Tools/Options/Privacy, UNCHECK "Acquire licenses automatically for protected content"

I fully expect this will no longer be an option in the future, but at the moment, it is.

A buddy of mine figured this out. He uses a program called Tunebite. What that does is allow them to record the songs in a analog format and save them to be played in MP3. Here is what the website says: "Tunebite lets you record copy-protected music, audio books and video clips in WMA, M4P, AAC, M4B and MP4 formats by playing them and save them as unprotected MP3, OGG, WMA, WMV or MPEG4 files you can use anywhere!" He paid for a months worth of Napster and had several albums and hundreds of songs that he did this with. Now he doesn't need to pay for Napster again, unless of course he wants new music.