Muzzy 4/1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strike3

Reaction score
Wanted to know if anybody is running the muzzy 4 into 1 full exhaust system on a Gen 2 bike preferable an 07 and if you are using Muzzy's PC3 map. If so are you happy with it's performance and if not what you don't like about it

I'm running the Muzzy, PCIII, and the K&N filter w/slight airbox mod on my '07A. I swap maps around and I'm currently running a combo Wally smoothness map at bottom end and Muzzy map at top end. Real smooth around town wehn commuting and screams when you open it up. Gonna take it to a local shop this summer and get it dyno tuned and see what the difference is. I like the sound, but I leave pretty early for work, and it is just a tad bit loud when I let it warm up before heading out. My neighbors say they can't hear it in the morning. Other than that I don't think it's obnoxious. It's not near as loud as some of the Hardley's in the neighborhhod. I had an issue with fit when I got my Muzzy's. I called them, told them the issue (pipes warped at the head), and sent them back. They called as soon as they got them, confirmed that they were warped, and shipped me another header no questions. I'm very satisfied with their service and wouldn't hesitate to buy Muzzy again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to know if anybody is running the muzzy 4 into 1 full exhaust system on a Gen 2 bike preferable an 07 and if you are using Muzzy's PC3 map. If so are you happy with it's performance and if not what you don't like about it
Try Geezer, I'm pretty sure he is??

Try Geezer, I'm pretty sure he is??
I have the full Muzzy system with round aluminum can. My bike is a Gen 1. I also have an oiled foam air filter, but no PCIII. I bought it to reduce the weight a little and mostly to get rid of the heat from the cats in the stock header. It does remove the heat. I can't really tell if there is any more power. It is loud. If I were to do it over I'd look seriously at getting a good welder to do the catectomy that several people have posted about. I kept the stock header and mufflers so I may still try that.

I just had a Muzzy full system installed with a PC3 on my '08. I had a local shop do a custom map for me.

I got the bike back from the shop at 3 this afternoon, and we were having a family BBQ at 5, So other than taking her on the Freeway for a small jaunt (less than 3 miles). I haven't gotten to really check it out. My Dyno numbers came in at 133 Max HP. and 93.5 max torque. I'll get her out tomorrow and really give her a test run.

I just had a Muzzy full system installed with a PC3 on my '08. I had a local shop do a custom map for me.I got the bike back from the shop at 3 this afternoon, and we were having a family BBQ at 5, So other than taking her on the Freeway for a small jaunt (less than 3 miles). I haven't gotten to really check it out. My Dyno numbers came in at 133 Max HP. and 93.5 max torque. I'll get her out tomorrow and really give her a test run.
Are you running the stock air filter and is your airbox cut open?

Thanks

I am more interested in how good the muzzy supplied PC3 map is than the muzzy exhaust system is, so has anyboby used the map they recommend for this setup and how do you like it or not?

Are you running the stock air filter and is your airbox cut open?
Thanks

I am running a K&N air filter, but no Air box mods.

As to the Stock Muzzy map. I would assume (I hate using that word). That it would work good. From what I have heard there "generic" For all fjr's. But from what I hear altitude and other local factors play in how well it works. I chose to have a custom one done for me (not very cheap $290, but what the hey it's my help to "stimulate" the economy).

Well it time for me to go and see what I got for my money....... :grin: