Muzzy 4 to 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveFJR

Reaction score
Had a little mishap & dented the midpipe of my stainless steel oval Muzzy 4 into 1. The problem is Muzzy no longer makes the pipe. The MC shop suggests either finding a muffler shop to fab a new pipe or put the stocker back on. I'm leaning toward using the stock headers and Vance & Hines slip ons. Opinions?

I hit a big rock on my first FJR that deformed the wheel and then it rolled back and dented two of my Holeshot header pipes. Insurance paid for new headers but I hadn't gotten around to replacing them when the whole bike got thrown onto some rocks, somehow. Well, the point is I didn't replace the headers because the dent didn't interfere with the way the bike ran at all, as far as I could tell. I had the shop guys take a look and they agreed. So the question is, how bad is this dent you're talking about? Do you really need to get new ones? I like the Muzzy system for sound and weight reduction. I'd be thinking about repair if it were mine, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
pics if you got them. A lot of exhaust shops make entire custom stuff, so repairing minor hole or dent in a header system is no big deal to them, I'm guessing about $75 out the door even if they cut out a section and quick weld in a new section.

It's cosmetic and runs fine. The muffler has a small scratch too. There's other road rash that I am getting fixed too so I have to submit a claim. I think insurance would cover much of the cost of slip ons but not a new system. So, I have options.

Here was my self-induced 'cosmetic' scrape on my Muzzy System... this was the 'revised' edition that wasn't supposed to touch.

DSCN2041.jpg

DSCN2040.jpg