muzzy headers no longer being made

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animalrooster41

Reaction score
Well, finally decided on the muzzy 4-2-1 complete system for my 06 only to find out muzzy is no longer making it. Seems the scraping issues reported by some was the cause. Although I still want one. They no longer make the complete dual set up either, only slip ons now. Cycle 58 is out of stock too. If any one can help me find the weight saving 4-2-1 from muzzy I would be really greatfull.

That's too bad. I like my Muzzy 4-2-1 (it's been on the bike since June 2007), especially now that I FINALLY seem to have the scraping issue solved. It took a rebuild of my Wilbers shock last summer by GP Suspension that included an upgrade from the undersprung 540 lb. spring to an 800 lb spring.

The Muzzy collector either had to be redesigned to tuck it as close to the bottom of the engine case as possible at the point where the 2 becomes the much larger diameter 1, or the Feejer suspension had to stop compressing so much in corners. From my observations, it seems they could have redesigned it to work, but my guess is that they figured the platform was old enough and not moving enough units that they weren't going to spend the money to redesign a header that they figured wouldn't generate enough sales to justify the effort.

Crap I knew I should have grabbed them a few months back! I was a little concerned about the scrapping, but figured once I had my new shock on it would be fine. I still haven't had time to install the shock and now I don't have any Muzzy love. :cry:

Yep, I think I will have to go with the holeshot as waiting for a used muzzy 4 into 1 could be months. Everywhere I called did not stock them anyhow, they simply drop shipped direct from muzzy, and they are out.