My 07AE Map

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellcreep

Reaction score
My 07AE has a PCIII, K&N filter (not that this matters) and Holeshot slipons.

I recently had it dyno'd for max performance. The rear wheel came max'd at 131hp and the map is here.

Comments:

20mpg! This is the stinger of the whole thing apart from black soot at the back of the exhaust. Otherwise, this is the most fun I've ever had on the bike. The "schla-klunk!" of finger-shifting becomes instantaneous and the bike roars. It went from sounding like a growly angry sewing machine to a symphany of wild coyotes.

This map is an adaption of the above that saves a bit of gas mileage.

Any other AE's out there with PCIII's - if you feel adventurous I'd like to hear your comments/experiences with these maps.

Best Regards,

Hellcreep

Last edited by a moderator:
Help me understand. If there is black soot at your exhaust and you're getting that poor of mileage, you must be way too rich......but lean is fast (within limits) and too lean is harmful to the engine.

Wouldn't a leaner map make more power and help your mileage all at the same time....not to mention eliminate your soot? Something doesn't add up in my head.

45mpg commuting today. All the bad mpg info I've seen in the forum over the year makes me steer away from the PC3
Lot of good reports on how it makes the bike smoother and more rideable means mine is going on this weekend. MPG is overrated, IMO.

I have a PCIII on my 07AE with a K&N and no Holeshot exhaust.

I used the -401 map that came OEM with the PCIII.

No black soot in exhaust. Smooth throttle response. MPG was cut some, from about 43 to 38.

That's all I got to say about that.

Hellcreep, I do not see where your map is adding all that much fuel, except for an obvious anomaly at 9250 rpm.

However, you should definitely not have those numbers at 9250, so that casts some doubt (in my mind) about the rest of the map too.

What did you ask the dyno operator to do for you. Were they concentration on peak power at high RPMs? That seems to be where most of the cells are populated.

I'm running a map that adds a lot more fuel in the lower and mid rpm, lower throttle opening areas (for smoothing out the lean stumble) and I only lost about 2-4 mpg at cruise.

My 07AE has a PCIII, K&N filter (not that this matters) and Holeshot slipons.I recently had it dyno'd for max performance. The rear wheel came max'd at 131hp and the map is here.

Comments:

20mpg! This is the stinger of the whole thing apart from black soot at the back of the exhaust. Otherwise, this is the most fun I've ever had on the bike.
far too rich then

too rich will also be slower

had 5lt v8 engines that do aroung 20 mpg

i have a pc3 fitted, best thing to put on an FJR, so smooth from idle to the cut off.

I get 18~20klms to the litre (42~47mpg)

I had the chance to test the map on a longer trip to SFO this past week and the MPG is not as much an issue I thought.

I kept the bike around 70-80mpg and was getting 195 miles a tank. Perhaps I was running the bike too fast when earlier calcs were done.

Best Regards,

Hellcreep

I had the chance to test the map on a longer trip to SFO this past week and the MPG is not as much an issue I thought.
I kept the bike around 70-80mpg and was getting 195 miles a tank. Perhaps I was running the bike too fast when earlier calcs were done.

Best Regards,

Hellcreep
That seems low to me. Are you filling it early, like when you get to the last bar on the gauge?

How many gallons are you squirting in when you do refill?

If you are filling early and only putting ~5 gallons in then your mileage is fine at almost 40mpg.

Remember, that big ole' tank can hold 6.6 gallons, so if you are only putting in ~5 when it starts the flashy countdown, you can go at least another 50 miles before she gets close to running dry.

My 07AE has a PCIII, K&N filter (not that this matters) and Holeshot slipons.I recently had it dyno'd for max performance. The rear wheel came max'd at 131hp and the map is here.

Comments:

20mpg! This is the stinger of the whole thing apart from black soot at the back of the exhaust. Otherwise, this is the most fun I've ever had on the bike. The "schla-klunk!" of finger-shifting becomes instantaneous and the bike roars. It went from sounding like a growly angry sewing machine to a symphany of wild coyotes.

This map is an adaption of the above that saves a bit of gas mileage.

Any other AE's out there with PCIII's - if you feel adventurous I'd like to hear your comments/experiences with these maps.

Best Regards,

Hellcreep
Maybe i missed something but I think both those maps are identical