My 59 cent helmet hook

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gone are the days of putting your helmet on the mirror stalk? That's where mine always goes... secure enough to never be blown off or hit the ground because of it.
PS... forgot to mention... no extra cost.
Making sense on the FJR Forum?

How Dare You!!!

If something doesn't cost extra...even a paltry 59 cents...then there is NO place for it on the FJR!

I started riding on a Katana 600. If you even breathed on those mirrors, they snapped off of the stalks. I never got in the habit of putting my helmet on the mirrors like others did.
biggrin.png

Oh, and the inexpensive Emgo aftermarket replacement mirrors broke even easier.
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like just setting the helmet on the saddle and hoping it doesn't get blown or knocked off, and the handlebar end hangers let the helmet contact the paint job. So I went to Home Depot and found this. OK, I had to buy two for $1.18, but I've still got one left over for another project
wink.png

Of course it's not secure, but I can still use the cable for that. This is just to use while pumping gas, etc.

Helmethook1_zpsfb7faebe.jpg
This is a good idea. It could also be used to tow weary cyclists up long hills?

However, in BC, taping protective paper over the plate would be illegal.
smile.png

I started riding on a Katana 600. If you even breathed on those mirrors, they snapped off of the stalks. I never got in the habit of putting my helmet on the mirrors like others did.
biggrin.png

Oh, and the inexpensive Emgo aftermarket replacement mirrors broke even easier.
sad.png
I don't need to state the obvious, do I?

I hang mine on the mirror
I use to do this......... until at at bar one night sum hottie says "eww, do you know you have bug guts n wings smeared on your sideburns?"

Oh well, adds character right?
smile.png

OP- Nice hooking idea BTW. I'm still trying to invent my helmet hanging invention and when I do I'm going to take it the "Shark Tank" and make Trillions
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator: